September 20, 2021, 11:28:04 PM

Author Topic: 3 Day Program (post your results)  (Read 105348 times)

Nerzil

• View Profile
Re: 3 Day Program (post your results)
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2015, 01:24:05 AM »
All Weights in pounds

*Body weight before: 185

*Maxes before: 405 Squat 250 Bench 435 Deadlift

*Program - over/under 80kg: Under

*Did you modify it? yes/no Yes
On most days if something was listed as say 80% for 5 sets of 2 I would start at 80% and work up slowly across my sets to a max at that number of reps. 325x5x2 was a common day for me on squat but I would actually do something like 325x2x2 345x1x2 355x1x2 365x1x2 then 375x1x2 for a PR double. I did this across all 3 lifts on most days working up to the heaviest rep set I could that day

*Body weight after: 180

*Maxes after: 435 squat 255 bench 445 dead
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:26:16 AM by Nerzil »

TURBON

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2015, 08:08:51 PM »
Age 35, unequipped.
First time trying this program. Before I did something similar just without doing the same exercise twice per one workout, and more extra exercises for my chest, like close grip bench press, more dibs, some press from shoulders an so one.

Body weight before starting program 76kg.
Maxes in kilos.
Before:
Squat 160,
Bench press 135,
Deadlift (sumo) 190.
Did medium loads 3 days cycle.
Med cycle maxes
Squat 145 failed on 160, think was to big jump from 145,
Bench press 125, failed on 135,
Deadlift 180, failed on 200, but was on the brink of success (did to the knee )

After:
Body weight nearly the same.
Squat 160, failed on 162.5,
Bench press 130, failed on 132.5,
Deadlift 190, failed on 200.

In second phase (second month) felt very good in deadlift and squat, but in the end something happened, I even don’t know what…
Going to start large loads period. We’ll see then.

ryqiem

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2015, 07:47:36 PM »

*Body weight before
   92kg

*Maxes before
   S: 140
   B: 100
   DL: 170

*Program - over/under 80kg
   Over 80

*Did you modify it? yes/no
   Yes – goblet squats instead of leg press since it was not available to me.

*Body weight after
   81,5 kg

*Maxes after
   S: 145
   B: 100
   DL: 170

yaroslav64

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2015, 07:49:46 AM »
I recently did the skills test week after running the over 80kg program with old 37 inserted between the 1st and 2nd months, about 3.5 months in total. The cycle was not performed to plan as injuries kept me from low bar squatting until the final 2 weeks but I am still very happy with the results.

BW 275->275

Squat 520->545 (VERY easy, could've done 560+ plus didnt want to risk injuring my back)
Bench 300->315
Deadlift 550-> 555 (The 550 was done on a whippy bar and the 555 on a stiff eleiko so the gain was more likely 20+ lbs)

I felt the volume was too low for me especially the final 2 cycles so next I will run 37/30/31/32 of the old templates. The only modifications I made was replaced the 2nd squat session on double days with paused squats at -5% and doing light-moderate deficit deadlifting on a 4th day. I was very happy with the progress especially in the squat and bench press and look forward to a new cycle. Thank you Boris not only for the programs but all the valuable information in these forums.

thenextblaha

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2015, 11:12:44 PM »
Male, 5'8", 21 years old.

Body weight before - 77Kg
Maxes before - 175Kg/130Kg/200Kg (hit at a non official comp)
Program - under 80kg
Did you modify it? Yes - added decent hypertrophy work in for back 3x a week and quads 1x a week after sessions. Ran 37, 30, 32w1, 37, 30, 32(skipped week 3).
Body weight after - 81Kg
Maxes after - 185Kg/140Kg/230Kg (hit at a GBPF (IPF) comp)

My previous maxes were all grinders and generally poor technique. On meet day my squat was to a much better depth (not divebombed and bounced up like before) and very controlled. Still needs the most work. Bench was an easy 140 with a very strict pause. Ideally would have done 145 but due to the record being 150 I went 150.5 and missed it. I'm confident 145 was there based on my training and the 140 second attempt. Deadlift improved the most with Sheiko managing a 30Kg PR, again with more in the tank. All the pulls to knees and block pulls have improved my efficiency greatly.

Overall +50Kg on my total in 20 weeks with some room to spare and much improved form.

From now I am going to keep running the program with some alterations. I've changed some of the reps to mimic Robert Frederick's Hyp 4 day program and also added a 4th light day for spoto bench and pause deadlifts. Still looking to put on mass so increasing the accessory volume after each session. Finally going to autoregulate the program more, on good days maybe increasing the weight slightly and on bad days not being afraid to lower by 5% to great quality reps. Also going to add in "over warm" sets to squat and maybe bench now and again.

Very grateful for this resource and the effort people make into providing information for free :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 12:01:35 AM by thenextblaha »

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2015, 05:05:22 AM »
Male, 5'8", 21 years old.
Body weight before - 77Kg
Body weight after - 81Kg

Still looking to put on mass so increasing the accessory volume after each session.

Add an extra meal per day too. Can't build a house even with the best architect and construction workers in the world if the trucks don't show up with the materials.  8)

Nice write-up too. Your modifications sound reasonable. I would only suggest maybe implementing them in stages though instead of all at the same time. If one of them turns out to cause problems or help substantially it would be much easier to identify that way. You could try one thing and give it 4 weeks to prove itself. If it passes the test, keep it. Drop it otherwise.

thenextblaha

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2015, 03:15:36 PM »

Add an extra meal per day too. Can't build a house even with the best architect and construction workers in the world if the trucks don't show up with the materials.  8)

Nice write-up too. Your modifications sound reasonable. I would only suggest maybe implementing them in stages though instead of all at the same time. If one of them turns out to cause problems or help substantially it would be much easier to identify that way. You could try one thing and give it 4 weeks to prove itself. If it passes the test, keep it. Drop it otherwise.

I wouldn't worry about the eating side of things, but thanks for the analogy  :P

Yeh I'm not going to focus too much on the autoregulation, just know it's an option if I ever feel like it's needed but I doubt I'll change the weights too regularly. Similarly with the heavy singles that will be closer to the end of the cycle rather than now. Might be wise to skip the extra deads and pulls on Saturday and see how the increase in volume goes first, even though they're pretty easy it makes the total reps 1500 or something lol. Thanks for the advice :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 03:18:56 PM by thenextblaha »

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2015, 05:28:26 AM »
I love that analogy and jump at the chance to use it haha. Partly it's to keep reminding myself. Eating is the hard part for me.

LucasM

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2015, 03:54:43 AM »
I ran 37 and 31 (and the first week of 32 for a total of 9 weeks) with 230/130/245 maxes. I inflated my bench a total of 10kg throughout the 8 weeks but kept the other maxes constant.

120kg class. Floating just over 120kg before and after the 9 weeks.

Test week resulted in 240/140/252.5 for a 10kg/10kg/7.5kg increase.

Unfortunately my schedule/life situation did not allow me to complete 32. I will be able to provide results of a peak later on in the year when I start to peak for competition.

I have to play around with the deadlift programming. I am thinking of having deadlifts just below knees closer to the ground so I have more practice with the majority of the range of motion.

Update 2.

After the above test, I was out of the gym for a couple of months due to an ear infection. Got back and ran some linear progression for a month to get back to where I was.

After that, I ran Intermediate Medium Load 1 & 2 twice for Squat/Bench (16 weeks) and the CMS program for the Deadlift (from the oldschool spreadsheet floating around). I went into comp without running the comp cycle (feel stronger straight off a prep cycle). Results:

Squat: 240 -> 250 (10kg gain)
Bench: 140 -> 145 (5kg gain, a lot more in the tank but I've never gotten 3/3 for Bench before so played conservative)
Deadlift: 260 -> 272.5 (12.5kg gain)
Total: 640 -> 667.5 (27.5kg gain)

Testing again in early December after 5 weeks of training, as I am going on holiday for 2.5 weeks so I thought there would be no harm. I think I'll be running intermediate for Squat/Bench for at least another year!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 03:57:06 AM by LucasM »

Lugh

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2015, 05:50:16 AM »
*Body weight before : 238lb
*Maxes before : 335/230/405
*Program : large load intermediate on the app
*Did you modify it? I swapped some of the dips and pushups for rowing and/or bicep work
*Body weight after : 229lb
*Maxes after : 370/245/445
*Any other thoughts/feedback : I am loving this style of training even though it might be a little "early" for me to do it, I've only been training 7 months or so.

duke930

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2015, 02:03:35 PM »
Bodyweight before: 72.6kg
Bodyweight during: 75kg
Bodyweight at meet: 72.4kg

Maxes before: 190/118/227 kg for a 535kg total (391 wilks)
Maxes after: 197.5kg/117.5kg/235 for a 550kg total (402 wilks)

Under 80kg
Slightly modified, added a 4th day with conventional deadlifting (i pull sumo in competition) and light bench

Thoughts/feedback:
Really enjoyed it. General fatigue started wearing on my from weeks 6-9 and i really surprised myself at my skills test when my previous maxes moved quite well. On the day of my meet i definitely feel like i left some weight on the platform. maybe 2.5/5/5 kg altogether (went 8/9), but it was only my second meet and my goal was a 400 wilks, which i hit, so i was satisfied anyway. Going to run the same split again with a few more modifications and see how it works. Thanks to coach sheiko for the programs.

Kody O

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2015, 02:52:23 AM »

*Body weight before
124.6kg

*Maxes before
232.5/118/250 kg

*Program
Large Load Cycle 2

*Did you modify it?
yes. Consolidated deadlifts, all conventional straight weight from the floor, standard height. Replaced leg press and front squat for back squat. Replaced additional accessory pushing movements for pulling movements. Often did not break up squatting with bench press or vice versa, would complete all squat repititions and all bench press repititions together. Upon cycle conclusion added 7.5lbs to training maxes and repeated cycle. Started first cycle in February after Provicncial competition, concluded last cycle end of November. Tested maxes during Intermediate Small Load Cycle 2.

*Body weight after
120kg

*Maxes after
245/131.5/265

uhbhu

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2015, 03:09:26 PM »
*Body weight before
87kg

*Maxes before
185/140/245 kg

*Program
Medium Load 3day

*Did you modify it?
Some extra back work here and there but that's about it, cut competition week 2-3 as doing the full month peak did just about nothing for me last time.

*Body weight after
89kg

*Maxes after
190/injury/245

Got a very, very close miss at 195kg squat but left me without anything left in the tank when it came to the deads. Previous maxes were set with squats and deads on separate days, judging by the training my dead has definitely increased some, or I've at least gotten better at doing volume deads. Similar for bench, training felt a lot easier this cycle but due to a minor pec strain that took 2-3 weeks to recover I didn't feel like testing a 1rm right away.

Anyway, am a bit dissappointed with the dead. Pretty sure I had 192.5kg squat in me which would have been ok, but my DL literally didn't move an inch (attempted 250kg and the bar almost bent, should have been able to tell by how unexpectedly heavy 237.5kg felt but ego got me there).

I feel like something needs to change for next cycle, would going 4day medium load be an okay next step? I considered 3day high load but recalling my training history pre Sheiko I got the majority of my progress (at least for DL's) when I trained 4 days a week. The 4day low load seems to be.. a bit low which is why I'm considering the medium load. Thoughts?

A final note is that my squat form has seen major improvements, as have my bench. My dead form also felt a lot better but that went like it did.

Romans109

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2016, 08:19:22 AM »
Hey guys. It's been a while since the 3-day programs were posted. I'd like to get some ideas how you are responding to the three day programs. As always we are trying to push the envelope further and further and it would be useful to get some follow up data so we can make any needed adjustments to the process.

Can you give:

*Body weight before
*Maxes before
*Body weight after
*Maxes after
*Any other thoughts/feedback

Thanks!

*Body weight before : 72.5kgs
*Maxes before : Squat 175kg - Bench Press Paused 115 - Deadlift 225
*Program - over/under 80kg : UNDER
*Did you modify it? yes/no : NO
*Body weight after : 75kg
*Maxes after Squat 180kg (easy) - Bench Press Paused 125 (good grind but about 9/10 - Deadlift 230kg
*Any other thoughts/feedback : Loved it, build great motor patterns, can use variety, good frequency, might try another deadlift day.
Bought the app & did the 12 week Medium load 3 day a week program.

Gucken

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2016, 10:38:04 PM »
All weights in kg

*Body weight before
About 85 kg

*Maxes before
130/95/185

Over 80kg

Yes, I only squatted once a week and for very low volume because of a "injury" I had before I started sheiko. Otherwise I followed the program.

*Body weight after
88,5 kg

*Maxes after
135/105/195

*Any other thoughts/feedback
My bench technique improved greatly during these 3 months. My deadlifts often felt weird and uncomfortable, probably because I only did them once a week. When I start my next cycle I'll add a fourth day with light deadlifts and some bodybuilding work