September 25, 2021, 02:25:38 AM

Author Topic: 3 Day Program (post your results)  (Read 105994 times)

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Day Program (post your results)
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2017, 10:58:48 AM »
If im not competing do I run through the comp cycle completely? or should I reset and run my new maxes after skills test day

I would recommend to run the extra taping (the rest of the program) to get some deload and be ready for a new cycle.
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."

trandenny

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2017, 04:09:57 AM »
If im not competing do I run through the comp cycle completely? or should I reset and run my new maxes after skills test day

I would recommend to run the extra taping (the rest of the program) to get some deload and be ready for a new cycle.

I just did my test day. 410lb (+10lb) squat for relatively easy single, Failed a 285lbs bench (current max is 275lbs) and got a 545(+20lb) deadlift. Should I max again at the end of comp cycle? or just deload and reset

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2017, 04:17:05 PM »

I just did my test day. 410lb (+10lb) squat for relatively easy single, Failed a 285lbs bench (current max is 275lbs) and got a 545(+20lb) deadlift. Should I max again at the end of comp cycle? or just deload and reset

Just deload and reset.

thegamezbeplayed

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2017, 11:31:33 PM »
hello my meet date was changed and i now have only 9 weeks to prep. I was hoping to do sheiko intermediate large load as i am having good results with it now. I know in order to make it fit you should work backwards from the meet and start at w.e week you land on. But i dont think i need 4 weeks for the comp cycle (#30), i also dont want half of my comp prep to be that low on NL

For reference i am 90kg and my numbers are 166/130/211kg but those are old and i max soon and hope to get atleast 170/135/220 before starting my 9 week meet prep

I was debating on removing the first 2 weeks and then 1 week from the last 4 weeks but im not sure which. Again i have never competed before, i dont think ill need that long of a taper

RuneGlud

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2017, 10:33:18 AM »
hello my meet date was changed and i now have only 9 weeks to prep. I was hoping to do sheiko intermediate large load as i am having good results with it now. I know in order to make it fit you should work backwards from the meet and start at w.e week you land on. But i dont think i need 4 weeks for the comp cycle (#30), i also dont want half of my comp prep to be that low on NL

For reference i am 90kg and my numbers are 166/130/211kg but those are old and i max soon and hope to get atleast 170/135/220 before starting my 9 week meet prep

I was debating on removing the first 2 weeks and then 1 week from the last 4 weeks but im not sure which. Again i have never competed before, i dont think ill need that long of a taper
Hi.
I think you are on the right track. I would skip the last week of the comp cycle, and addjust the rest of it to the NL you find appropiate.

hwyolo

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2017, 04:57:10 PM »
Coming from an annoying SI injury, I started out with the advanced medium load prep cycle I (four days universal) to get in a shape a bit, followed by #29 and #30 and a 2-week peaking cycle that I wrote myself.

BW before: 88kg
BW after: 92 kg

best competition results before (obtained at 90 kg bw):
SQ 160
BP 92.5
DL (sumo) 210
DL (Conventional) 190

new maxes:

SQ 165 (easy lift, room for more)
BP 107.5 (+15kg pr)
DL (Conventional) 205 (+15 kg pr).

* Did I modify the program: Yes.

SI injury showed itself every now and then, and I often had to reduce training volume/intensity on sumo deadlifts. Two weeks out I switched back to conventional as it reduced the pain significantly. Did relatively little assistance and substituted a part of the bench work for heavier sets with the Slingshot. Also used an inflated bench max(+5kg), and increased the bench twice (both after the four days cycle and after #29).

*Other thoughts/feedback:

Very happy with the progression. Selection of weight and high amount of volume helped me reinforce my technique and keep the nagging SI injury at bay a bit. Bench went into the sky from the large amount of volume.

ryan103

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2018, 05:12:34 AM »
Started out with the following true 1RM's:
Weight - Probably around 255 pounds - I did not monitor bodyweight during the entire 12 weeks;

BP, Paused - 345 pounds;
Back Squat - 455 pounds;
DL, Conventional - 505 pounds;

After the 3 - four week cycles on intermediate medium load, I got a 5 lb PR on bench.  Other than that, my squat stayed the same and my DL may have regressed. 

I failed the DL from the ground and the squat coming out of the hole.  I even lowered my estimated test weights by a significant amount on deadlift and bench after the squat failure.  I'm at a bit of a loss and am wondering what I could do differently next time. 

Shadowdenim

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2018, 11:39:45 PM »
*Body weight before
81,1kg
*Maxes before
170kg super easy
95kg grind bench
200kg deadlift, because 212,5kg got red lighted because of a unlocked knee.
*Program - over/under 80kg
Over 80kg first 4 weeks of 37 then 2 days of 31 and got the notice that in 12 weeks I could qualify for nationals. Used the 32 week 1 day 2 to peek my squat and bench and estimated my deadlift. Used 180kg true squat max, 105kg inflated bench and 220kg guess deadlift. Then did the full 12 week medium load.
*Did you modify it? yes/no
Yes, added soms biceps and rear shoulder work. Should have added more triceps
*Body weight after
Bulked up to 87kg and began dieting 5 weeks out
81,8kg on meetday
*Maxes after
Easy 200kg squat
105kg bench, Grinder from hel
225kg deadlift, did 240 because I needed 545kg to qualify, it did move but not much. So a +65kg meetPR.
*Any other thoughts/feedback
Gave it my all, no alcohol, enough sleep and almost never missing a meal. When properly executed this program is pure gold and I'm looking forward to more gains.,

flat_top

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2018, 10:30:33 PM »
Started the 3 day Intermediate program in November, and competed last weekend.
I am a 54 year old male and compete in the IPF (unequipped) in Canada in the M2/105 category. I've been competing for three years and have set some Provincial records.

Previous meet (November 2017):
Squat: 192.5 (PR)
Bench: 127.5
Deadlift: 250

February 10th/2018:
Squat: 205 (PR)
Bench: 130 (tied meet PR)
Deadlift: 262.5 (new Provincial record)
WILKS: 359

Hardly setting the powerlifting world on fire but I am quite pleased with my progress. I had hernia surgery in April 2017 and thought I may not ever be able to lift heavy again. So far I'm holding up well, even with a rigorous program like Sheiko. I am considering trying the Advanced-Small Load next.

I did add a 4th workout day for bodybuilding-type exercises.

If I can survive Sheiko at 54, post-abdominal surgery, almost anyone can!
Thanks for reading!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:42:23 PM by flat_top »

Hegsa

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2018, 08:03:58 PM »
*Body weight before
102,9 kg

*Maxes before
225-135-245 in competition December 2017. Deadlifted 250 earlier in 2017.

*Program - over/under 80kg
29-37-32

*Did you modify it?
I skipped some assistance work to reduce required training time

*Body weight after
102,4 kg

*Maxes after
I did 227,5-140-252,5 in competition today on third lifts. Could probably have few kg's more in bench and deadlift if pushed it.

*Any other thoughts/feedback
I was very unsure of my performance before today's competition but it went like I planned it. I did 225-135-245 in skill test day but I felt unfamiliar with the heavy weights. Will most likely continue with one of the 3-day programs since I don't have time to train 4 nights/week.

Squattingtoodeep

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2018, 04:01:30 AM »
Body weight before- 90kg

Body weight after- 88.8kg

Lifts before-

Squat- 160kg

Bench- 105kg

Deadlift- 200kg

Lifts after 3 day intermediate medium load

Squat- 172.5kg

Bench- 110kg

Deadlift- 215kg (there was more there but jumped to 227.5 and failed on my third)

Modifications: Added more upper back accessory work and reverse hypers. 

In a slow cut to 83kg.  Next meet in August and will probably switch to 4 day medium load.  I really felt like the last 4 weeks were largely a waste.  My skill test numbers were 170 / 110 / 215.  I think I am able to peak very quickly and actually lost some strength in the bench press over the last 4 weeks, still very happy with the results for only twelve weeks.

Hegsa

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2018, 03:01:44 PM »
*Maxes after
I did 227,5-140-252,5 in competition today on third lifts. Could probably have few kg's more in bench and deadlift if pushed it.

I have now done twice all Intermediate medium cycles after the last competition. In last weekend's competition my squat improved to 235 kg, bench to 152,5 kg but deadlifted only 250 kg since I missed 260 kg at above knee. Since squat and bench are still improving I will most likely continue with the same program.

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2018, 05:32:35 PM »
nice improvement, especially the bench. What is your BW?