July 20, 2018, 05:22:33 PM

Author Topic: Old MSIC cycle  (Read 8249 times)

blackhulk

• View Profile
Re: Old MSIC cycle
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 06:32:26 AM »
my next comp is end of mac 2017., so i think this is the best time to try this program. i will update my progress soon  :)

blackhulk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2016, 08:43:41 AM »
but... this 5 days programme sound tough

Zacheryah

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 12:29:45 PM »
This is the modern variant I was writing about. I has more variation in it but still following the older spread-sheet structure.
This has more features like a drop down menu with a exercise-list.
This is very handy when one wants to adjust the program to own needs.

differences include:
- Bench lockouts instead floorpress.
- The reps in bench lock-outs are included in the calculations of NBL/Volume etc.
- Rev. band deadlift = deadlift from pins (rackpulls)
- Rev. band squat = front squat. These count as squat reps too
- Have included some variants in the squat, bench and deadlift.
- Most weeks have Lat muscle work-out twice
- Most week have a press variation over the head once.
- I have writen some comments in the spreadsheet.
           - Most important is note the use of Incline bench press. These are more like incline shoulderpress.
           - Secondary is that I have substituted Leg press for split-squats because most people have access to DBs.

NOTE: This is my interpretation of previous posted MSIC program. Alteration is done by me, not Boris. Be aware - this is still a MS/MSIC program.

Link to download:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=07492770474350644838

Any feedback is welcome.

I have recently switched over from Sheiko advanced high load to this schedule, as with my 125kg BW and adequate deadlift the daily volume was too much.

I had two questions that I havent found an answer to when browsing this thread or the forum in general

- The original schedule had reverse band deadlifts, this has rack pulls. I'm used to doing rackpulls, but my position is different from my actual posture when reaching that point if i lift of the floor.
I would like to exchange the rack pulls back to reverse band deadlifts in your variant. Do i need to alter anything about the percentagemax, reps or sets for this ?

- Your schedule uses a '2x1/2 +1*1' deadlift. When reading the explenation that Roberts used in the main 4-day program, i assume this means  "ground to knees to ground to knees to lockout'. But the way he put it, that would count as 3 reps. Your variant mentions 4 reps. Could you clarify how this exercise is done for 4 reps ?
And is this entire excercise done as one long movement, with touch and go on the floor 3 times, or do we start from a complete dead position each time we touch the floor ?

Thanks !

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 01:05:45 PM »
This is the modern variant I was writing about. I has more variation in it but still following the older spread-sheet structure.

differences include:
- The reps in bench lock-outs are included in the calculations of NBL/Volume etc.
           - Most important is note the use of Incline bench press. These are more like incline shoulderpress.
           - Secondary is that I have substituted Leg press for split-squats because most people have access to DBs.

NOTE: This is my interpretation of previous posted MSIC program. Alteration is done by me, not Boris. Be aware - this is still a MS/MSIC program.

Link to download:

Any feedback is welcome.

I have recently switched over from Sheiko advanced high load to this schedule, as with my 125kg BW and adequate deadlift the daily volume was too much.

I had two questions that I havent found an answer to when browsing this thread or the forum in general

- The original schedule had reverse band deadlifts, this has rack pulls. I'm used to doing rackpulls, but my position is different from my actual posture when reaching that point if i lift of the floor.
I would like to exchange the rack pulls back to reverse band deadlifts in your variant. Do i need to alter anything about the percentagemax, reps or sets for this ?

- Your schedule uses a '2x1/2 +1*1' deadlift. When reading the explenation that Roberts used in the main 4-day program, i assume this means  "ground to knees to ground to knees to lockout'. But the way he put it, that would count as 3 reps. Your variant mentions 4 reps. Could you clarify how this exercise is done for 4 reps ?
And is this entire excercise done as one long movement, with touch and go on the floor 3 times, or do we start from a complete dead position each time we touch the floor ?

Thanks !

To answer you first question: The percentages, reps and sets I used for deadlift for pins is exactly the same as for reverse band. But! If you are weaker in one them you should adjust percentages accordingly.

Second question. Your interpretation is correct. This is 3 reps, not 4. I will change this. Also I would whole rep first and then the half reps (to knees). would look like:  1*1 + 2*½.

"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."

Zacheryah

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 02:09:51 PM »

differences include:

Link to download:

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks !

To answer you first question: The percentages, reps and sets I used for deadlift for pins is exactly the same as for reverse band. But! If you are weaker in one them you should adjust percentages accordingly.

Second question. Your interpretation is correct. This is 3 reps, not 4. I will change this. Also I would whole rep first and then the half reps (to knees). would look like:  1*1 + 2*½.

Ahh i see. Thanks for clearing that up. So its the same as in the 4 day cms/ms schedule.

I originally started the normal 4 day routine and made my biggest deadlift improvement, from 265 to 300kg in 5 months. After running the 4 day routine, i noticed i needed a rougher schedule in terms of volume or frequency

I tried the advanced high load for 18 months but while making nice progress, i found the daily volume too much in the accumulation phase. I usually struggled early in accumulation, had a massive peak at the end of that and the beginning of transmutation and was burned out again near the competition phase.

On top of that, it has little variation. (no 1+1/2*2 , no 2sec paused dl's, no bands, chains etc)

So i'm looking to try this one which has lower daily volume, but significantly more frequency which always worked for me in the past.

On and i severely missed deficit deadlifts (its abscent in the adv. high load), while its at least once a weak in this one

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 01:13:24 PM »

Ahh i see. Thanks for clearing that up. So its the same as in the 4 day cms/ms schedule.

I originally started the normal 4 day routine and made my biggest deadlift improvement, from 265 to 300kg in 5 months. After running the 4 day routine, i noticed i needed a rougher schedule in terms of volume or frequency

I tried the advanced high load for 18 months but while making nice progress, i found the daily volume too much in the accumulation phase. I usually struggled early in accumulation, had a massive peak at the end of that and the beginning of transmutation and was burned out again near the competition phase.

On top of that, it has little variation. (no 1+1/2*2 , no 2sec paused dl's, no bands, chains etc)

So i'm looking to try this one which has lower daily volume, but significantly more frequency which always worked for me in the past.

On and i severely missed deficit deadlifts (its abscent in the adv. high load), while its at least once a weak in this one

Yes. Remember a lot of these templates were made for specific lifters with specific needs and needs adjustment to ones needs to yield optimal results.

Zacheryah

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2017, 01:58:43 PM »

Yes. Remember a lot of these templates were made for specific lifters with specific needs and needs adjustment to ones needs to yield optimal results.

I used this MSIC program, but my "monday" starts on fryday, so i can train fryday;saturday,sunday, tuesday, wednesday

Had a deadlift only the skill assessment on deadlift in comp week one and managed 325kg @121kg bw on an eleiko bar. This is whithout barely any rest

Made so much progress in the short term with this, looking forward to the full meet i'm doing at the end of this schedule

Best fitting sheiko schedule i've tried so far, and i've been doing it since early 2015.

Only change is that i'm still doing reverse band deadlifts from the original, opposed to the block pulls in the new one, and it aided my lockout a massive amount as i'm not in the same positions when the bar is at the block position, when pulling from blocks compared to from the floor (i pull conventional)

Great schedule. Will definately use this to make a 5 month plan

Ace of Calves

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2018, 03:09:26 PM »
Hi, I just did this cycle as an equipped meet and the restults were great!
In January I got a comp total of 830kg (317,5-195-317,5) at 109kg bw, yesterday I was able to total 862,5kg (330-205 [different shirt]-327,5 - 500 Wilks) at 115kg bw (I'm a good eater  ;D )

I almost did every training as prescribed, sometimes the accessory work had to be cut due to time reasons. Sessions with 90%+ and some 85% sessions were done equipped and block pulls were programmed off my equipped deadlift max and done raw. I still need to figure out how to properly implement shirted bench into the training as the touch is pretty hard to achieve with my smaller weights, but heavy slingshot presses already worked pretty well (missed 215 on my third attempt slightly before lockout).

Overall this is a great routine and even though I didn't test it, my raw strenght definitely incresed, too. I'm looking forward using this again in  the future  :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:12:30 PM by Ace of Calves »

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2018, 01:46:42 PM »
In January I got a comp total of 830kg (317,5-195-317,5) at 109kg bw, yesterday I was able to total 862,5kg (330-205 [different shirt]-327,5 - 500 Wilks) at 115kg bw (I'm a good eater  ;D )

I almost did every training as prescribed, sometimes the accessory work had to be cut due to time reasons. Sessions with 90%+ and some 85% sessions were done equipped and block pulls were programmed off my equipped deadlift max and done raw. I still need to figure out how to properly implement shirted bench into the training as the touch is pretty hard to achieve with my smaller weights, but heavy slingshot presses already worked pretty well (missed 215 on my third attempt slightly before lockout).

Overall this is a great routine and even though I didn't test it, my raw strenght definitely incresed, too. I'm looking forward using this again in  the future  :)

Congratulations! Always happy to hear good progress with the program! :) In which fed/country do you compete?

Ace of Calves

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2018, 12:27:39 AM »

Congratulations! Always happy to hear good progress with the program! :) In which fed/country do you compete?

Thank you  :) I'm competing in the German IPF branch

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2018, 11:43:40 AM »

Thank you  :) I'm competing in the German IPF branch

Nice! Which state?

b3rz3rk

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2018, 12:27:20 PM »
Hi! Would someone be kind enough to reupload the excel sheets? :) I've tried both and it says that the file has been deleted. Thanks in advance!

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2018, 07:28:39 PM »
Hi! Would someone be kind enough to reupload the excel sheets? :) I've tried both and it says that the file has been deleted. Thanks in advance!

It is because it is downloaded so infrequent that is has been more than 100 days since somebody downloaded the file. I will have to look through my archeives to see if I still have the two programs. Are you in any rush ?

b3rz3rk

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2018, 08:41:41 AM »
Was just wondering if the excel files are already available? :) hoping to be able to run this :)

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2018, 10:37:11 PM »
Both should be updated now.