December 19, 2018, 01:22:38 AM

Author Topic: Having to miss days  (Read 2324 times)

BcuzimBatman

• View Profile
Having to miss days
« on: November 14, 2015, 06:21:47 AM »
I am doing the sheiko 4 day cycle. Currently on prep phase 3 week 5 and I have to miss my Friday squat and bench session. I also missed last weeks due to an unforeseen circumstance. And I can't make it up due to having deadlift bench tomorrow on the program. What should I do when these inevitable missed workouts occur?

EN85

• View Profile
Re: Having to miss days
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 12:00:55 PM »
Cant you just switch next week up to monday-tuesday-thursday-saturday? Or even change the friday-saturday to saturday-sunday? It will not be ideal, but it wont kill you. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Bench Polkov

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Benchalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 08:48:18 AM »
If you miss a session here or there just make up the volume if you can but don't worry about it too much if you can't.

If you constantly miss sessions then you need to work out why and fix that.

skaz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 04:50:23 PM »
If you miss a session here or there just make up the volume if you can but don't worry about it too much if you can't.

If you constantly miss sessions then you need to work out why and fix that.

Do you have a suggested scheme of making up for the volume?

Let's say you are having to miss Saturday's pull and press session.
Keeping in mind that next week will beat you up even more...

For me, a few ways to work around this come to mind, what would you advise to be the most appropriate approach to keep in line with the rest of the plan?
  • Adding drop-down sets on the first deadlift session of this week at a reasonable volume
  • Flat-out spread out the top sets of Saturday on the previous days
  • Try and do more volume that is within your reasonable capacity on the previous days of training then skip Saturday

Zacheryah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 02:09:39 PM »
Sheiko is about frontloading fatigue.

If you are increasing the volume you missed into the next workout, you'll suffer in the one after that.

I never miss a workout, sometimes a part of it (the second bench or squat session), and it will just mean i can train the next workout with shorter resting times between sets and reps.