November 18, 2019, 01:57:34 PM

Author Topic: Squat form check request  (Read 2898 times)

Dahmkooler

• View Profile
Squat form check request
« on: July 24, 2015, 11:50:11 PM »
Hi,

I was hoping to get some feedback on my squat technique. Any input is welcome.

! No longer available

! No longer available

I have a lot more videos in my training log, and if a specific angle would be useful I can record one next session.
Thanks!

JJ

• View Profile
Re: Squat form check request
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 12:06:45 AM »
They looked good to me mate , only thing id say is try keep your upper back more tight and try pull elbows into body more but thats nit picking.

Dahmkooler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 02:15:19 PM »
They looked good to me mate , only thing id say is try keep your upper back more tight and try pull elbows into body more but thats nit picking.

Thanks for the feedback JJ. I'll try and work on that.

I guess it's easy sometimes to want to believe that improving technique will suddenly make me stronger, when really I just need to get bigger and squat more.

kevin.cann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 03:44:08 PM »
Need to create more tension. Screw your feet into the ground and drive the knees out harder. The weight on your back is pushing you forward. Drive your back into the bar the whole time. Your weight shift in the hole is forward and the hips pop up there first throwing your upper body forward. As the weight gets heavier you will get stapled there. Not sure where your eyes are but look straight ahead the whole time. Drive your chest up and keep driving it up throughout the squat. Same goes for screwing the feet and driving the knees out.
Kevin Cann MS PES
Director of Strength and Conditioning
www.totalperformancesports.com

Dahmkooler

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 06:10:51 PM »
Need to create more tension. Screw your feet into the ground and drive the knees out harder. The weight on your back is pushing you forward. Drive your back into the bar the whole time. Your weight shift in the hole is forward and the hips pop up there first throwing your upper body forward. As the weight gets heavier you will get stapled there. Not sure where your eyes are but look straight ahead the whole time. Drive your chest up and keep driving it up throughout the squat. Same goes for screwing the feet and driving the knees out.

This is very helpful, thank you. And you're right, that's exactly how I fail max attempts - ass shoots up and bar moves forward over my toes.