July 03, 2020, 01:12:50 AM

Author Topic: 3 or 4-Day Sheiko Push/Pull Program?  (Read 2928 times)

adamsz

• View Profile
3 or 4-Day Sheiko Push/Pull Program?
« on: June 24, 2015, 10:11:23 AM »
Has anyone ever seen or have experience with a modified sheiko program for just push/pull?

For the foreseeable future I'm only benching and DLing. I have the app and have run both the Intermediate Small and Medium load 3-month cycles for just my bench, which took it from 365 - 380 in those 6 months (242lb weight class). These next 3 months I will run the Intermediate Large Load cycles for my bench, and then will continue on to the Advanced Small load cycles for it in preparation for a competition in January.

I have worked with a coach for my DL programming and have been DLing twice/week for the last 6 months as well with great results, but I might not be able continue working with him, which got me thinking about the Sheiko programming.

I know in the advanced cycles on the app they have you DLing 2x/week, but even putting my max in at 105%, looking through the Advanced Small load cycle it's noticeably easier than the DL programming I've been doing during the past 6 months. I figure the way the cycles are written obviously take into account squatting and thus probably have their intensities/volume adjusted down accordingly for the DLs.

Do any push/pull sheiko programs where you DL 2x/week exist?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 10:14:10 AM by adamsz »
Best Gym Lifts
Squat: 184kg / 405lbs (knee sleeves)
Bench Press: 170.45kg / 375lbs
Deadlift: 259kg / 570lbs

Best Competition Results
Squat: 182.5kg / 402lbs (knee sleeves)
Bench Press: 172.73kg / 380lbs
Deadlift: 265.9kg / 585lbs

Bench Polkov

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Benchalot
    • View Profile
Re: 3 or 4-Day Sheiko Push/Pull Program?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 05:39:32 PM »
Yeah you could just increase the deadlifting volume and do extra assistance work like leg press, squat variations, hypers, light deadlift variations in the place of your normal squatting.

Is the total tonnage lower than you have been doing for the past 6 months? Because make sure you take into account that Sheiko cycles run at mostly 80-85% as a maximum intensity but are usually a larger volume than most higher intensity programs.

adamsz

• View Profile
Re: 3 or 4-Day Sheiko Push/Pull Program?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 01:23:30 AM »
Yeah you could just increase the deadlifting volume and do extra assistance work like leg press, squat variations, hypers, light deadlift variations in the place of your normal squatting.

Is the total tonnage lower than you have been doing for the past 6 months? Because make sure you take into account that Sheiko cycles run at mostly 80-85% as a maximum intensity but are usually a larger volume than most higher intensity programs.

thanks for the reply, man. I'm gonna collect some data - NOL, INT, VOL - from my previous 5-6 months of DL training and see if I can use that to help come up with a plan.

I'm not very good at programming nor have a very thorough understanding of it all, so I'll be back with more questions :D
Best Gym Lifts
Squat: 184kg / 405lbs (knee sleeves)
Bench Press: 170.45kg / 375lbs
Deadlift: 259kg / 570lbs

Best Competition Results
Squat: 182.5kg / 402lbs (knee sleeves)
Bench Press: 172.73kg / 380lbs
Deadlift: 265.9kg / 585lbs