December 16, 2019, 07:23:05 AM

Author Topic: Deadlifts in App  (Read 1888 times)

Dingle

• View Profile
Deadlifts in App
« on: February 16, 2015, 02:30:24 AM »
Ive just been thinking about my training over last year. I hated doing deadlifts to the knees and then finishing the lift. I noticed that the only deadlifts to the knees in the advanced program I have done so far have been deadlifts (up to the knees). If I was to add these back in to possibly replace the deadlifts to the knees should I just drop the percentage a bit? or is there a reason that they are not included?

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Deadlifts in App
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 04:29:23 AM »
I'm a little confused. Could you use the deadlift terminology in the app when referring to the different types of deadlifts?

Dingle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 12:13:47 AM »
For example Advanced Medium Load Prep Cycle 1. Week 1 Day 2. The first movement is Deadlift (pause at knee) and the second pull movement is Deadlift (Pause above knees). Which is a pause and finish lift but I have yet to see any of these pause deadlifts in the Advanced Large load so far only deadlifts (up to knees) which is a pull to the knees and them down. What im asking is to sub these in when and how should I do it?

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 02:50:28 PM »
It would generally make the most sense to substitute for the deadlifts you think you would be better served by paused deadlifts.