November 18, 2019, 02:38:36 PM

Author Topic: Can't decide which plan to run next?  (Read 2961 times)

leisure

• View Profile
Can't decide which plan to run next?
« on: February 07, 2015, 09:42:44 PM »
I just finished up the intermediate 3 day for over 80kg. Although I didn't run the entire thing, I made great gains. I was wondering if I should do either: 1. Run it again
2. Try it for lifters under 80kg (ssheiko said you can do higher volume if you're a young athlete). 3. Run the 4 day program (iI qualify for this according to the charts).
I weigh 113kg and I'm 23 so I'm not sure if the under 80 kg would be appropriate. It looks awesome though.

I also have a second question.  Since I'm not planning on doing a meet until august, should I still run the full competition cycle?  Or should I deload after running the first two cycles and retest my maxes/start over?

Also, any date for the android app? Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 10:00:54 PM by leisure »

Luigi Papino

• View Profile
Re: Can't decide which plan to run next?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 11:22:51 PM »
I think that the 4-day program is a big step and depends strongly on your life-style. If it not introduce too much stress, for work, social life and others you should try it.

I'm trying to do the same thing, with more 4 workout a week with less volume (Lifts Number) for each workout. In past I tried a 4-day program but it devastated me, too much volume. Maybe the adaptation take a while and need to go with small steps.

P.S. Android App is in private beta now :)

Edit: Oh, I'm just an amateur powerliter, indeed not an expert. Just my 2 cents :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:36:13 PM by Luigi Papino »

leisure

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 04:19:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply man! I have time to run a 4 day but I'm just not sure if I should do it quite yet. I think I may try the under 80 kg 3 day and see how it goes. If I feel it's too much volume I'll just cut back.

EN85

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 11:51:41 PM »
If I feel it's too much volume I'll just cut back.

Or significally increase calorie intake