November 18, 2019, 01:51:45 PM

Author Topic: Incorporating Farmers Walks  (Read 6076 times)

EN85

• View Profile
Incorporating Farmers Walks
« on: June 08, 2014, 06:46:54 PM »
Hello mr. Sheiko.

I would like to start off by saying that it's great that you started this forum. Thank you very much.

I got one question; since i love doing farmer walks, i would like to incorporate them into my training lay outs. How would you approach this? Or do you think its a terrible idea to begin with?

Next sunday i've got a RAW competition planned, but after that my next meet (the dutch championships) will be in December. I was thinking about doing farmer walks on the double squat days or double deadlift days. Instead of the second movement, i would do farmer walks. So when it's supposed to be squat-bench-squat, i would switch it up to squat-bench-farmer walks. Obviously when i'm nearer to competition i would drop them entirely. Lets say, the last 6-8 weeks before competition all my focus would go back to the basic lifts.

Do you think this would be a good approach or would you suggest anything else? And do you have any tips on how to decide what loads i should use?

Greetings,

E.

EN85

• View Profile
Re: Incorporating Farmers Walks
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 01:03:16 PM »
Or would it be better to just add in an extra training day? Keeping the loads fairly light and use them for GPP on saturday.

Pimptasty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 03:57:25 PM »
I do farmer walks at the end of my workouts, minus deadlift day. Doesn't seem to cause many problems. I think the biggest mistake people make with Sheiko is not adjusting it to fit their goals.

Blitzball

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 09:59:13 PM »
I do farmer walks at the end of my workouts, minus deadlift day. Doesn't seem to cause many problems. I think the biggest mistake people make with Sheiko is not adjusting it to fit their goals.

quote for emphasis

Boris Sheiko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 12:56:52 PM »
Sorry, but I do not know why powerlifters need to do farmer's walks. I have trained powerlifters since 1989 and have never seen powerlifters include farmer’s walks in their training. I advise you to train like a strongman or like a powerlifter. It is better to achieve high performance in one sport than to have average results in both.

EN85

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 08:06:33 PM »
Thank you very much for your reply, mr sheiko.