July 04, 2020, 11:23:11 AM

Author Topic: Lack of equipment.  (Read 5312 times)

Omar

• View Profile
Lack of equipment.
« on: November 26, 2014, 08:17:24 PM »
any chance of getting a program which doesnt use things like chains and boards? i know that there are replacement exercises but i wouldnt know how to program the %'s, reps and sets accordingly. or maybe a page to state what equipment you have and a suitable program could be assigned. thanks :)

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of equipment.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 10:10:22 AM »
You can put a small dumbbell on your chest and lower the bar to it. There's your board press. Do the same thing with close grip benches and there's your replacement for chains.

Chreiz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 12:16:06 PM »
Dumbell? Not that hard to just take a planck?

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 02:01:51 PM »
The dumbbell doesn't slide off my chest as easily when arched. Whatever works though.

Chreiz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 03:13:09 PM »
If you work out alone, you can put it under your shirt, that should do the job. But whatever works indeed. be creative.

norsman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 10:33:32 PM »
Close gripping with a board replacing chains? Is the idea that it's harder at the top and the board is saving your chest at the bottom?

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 05:58:49 AM »
It's not going to work exactly the same but it does emphasis the top portion of the lift. The board allows you to use something a bit heavier than you ordinarily would.

SUBZ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 12:00:59 PM »
When we say board press, how thick sould the board be? I have read 1 inch. I have also heard of lifters using up to 5 boards. So how many boards would you recommend, if I had to replace chain press with board? :)

Blitzball

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 02:45:21 PM »
you can create wooden boards by yourself and you could also use cheap bands for bp.bands used in camping and stuff

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 03:02:13 PM »
When we say board press, how thick sould the board be? I have read 1 inch. I have also heard of lifters using up to 5 boards. So how many boards would you recommend, if I had to replace chain press with board? :)

I lift raw and have tried various thicknesses and for me personally I like about 1-2 inches. But I think that's a personal decision because my top end doesn't need as much as my lower end. For someone else lifting equipped they might want a bit thicker board.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 03:03:55 PM by Robert Frederick »