July 07, 2020, 03:30:30 AM

Author Topic: How does the app coincide with the excel spreadsheet (s)?  (Read 3088 times)

J2048b

• View Profile
How does the app coincide with the excel spreadsheet (s)?
« on: November 26, 2014, 08:19:12 AM »
I recently got the app, but wanted to ask how this coincides or even relates to say the sheiko spreadsheets out there? As an example, if i am started as a beginner does that workout represent say #31, or 27 pr something like that, that is programmed from the spreadsheets? I have a spreadsheet and it has #27-30 something along with prep and a bunch of other stuff as well....so if i am a beginner and choose that on the app, then is it safe to say im running say 27 from the spreadsheet or does it coincide at all??

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How does the app coincide with the excel spreadsheet (s)?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 09:46:35 AM »
The beginner program on the app is totally new. Boris wrote it for the app. The other programs you mentioned are in doubt as to their origins. Some are recognizable and some are not. There are a few spreadsheets on the forum here under the different boards. Some of those are in the app. And there are a few new programs in the app too. One problem with those old spreadsheets is that people just guessed how to use them. No need to guess anymore with the app.

J2048b

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 11:41:51 AM »
The beginner program on the app is totally new. Boris wrote it for the app. The other programs you mentioned are in doubt as to their origins. Some are recognizable and some are not. There are a few spreadsheets on the forum here under the different boards. Some of those are in the app. And there are a few new programs in the app too. One problem with those old spreadsheets is that people just guessed how to use them. No need to guess anymore with the app.

oh ok, cool so if the beginner one on the app is new, how different is it from the original begginer template? i cant handle a ton ov volume...so i was wondering if it has been dumbbed down a bit for someone such as myself who cannot handle a ton of volume?

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 03:17:12 PM »
The beginner programs on the forum are intended for those picking up the barbell for the first time. For them their maxes change rapidly. But that only lasts a short while. There are no spreadsheets for those programs.

Once the weights you can lift stabilize, you test your maxes and move on to a percentage based program. The app's beginner program is the first one you use once you have established maxes. The volume is manageable. You're not maxing out every set so it's not so bad.