December 16, 2019, 08:39:02 AM

Author Topic: App Tutorials  (Read 16469 times)

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: App Tutorials
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 03:00:40 PM »
Yes, there's a new 3-day which is also a small load program. And so is the beginner program.

FreakGoHome

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 05:35:10 AM »
How about export to a csv file?

How would one go about doing this?

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 12:12:50 PM »
Right now you can click on the workout from the history view and from there send yourself a copy of the workout by email. That's all there is for export now but maybe I could loop through every saved workout and parse them to a csv you could email yourself.

MarkS

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 02:48:22 AM »
Hello- just downloaded app to ipad. (I'm finishing >80 kg program from website this week-thanks for that!)

Q: I was playing with the app, plugged in some numbers (not tested maxes as that will happen this week, but close),- the app gave me a single day of training- and now I can't navigate away from that to check out the app further.

Do I need to pretend I did that workout to get off that page?

Also- how do I see what program the app auto-chose for me?

Numbers I plugged in (in lbs) sq-500, bp-310, dl 530, bw 215 (hopefully going down :-) )

Thanks for all your time and effort!

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 04:25:34 AM »
Press the exit button at the top left of the workout screen. A small panel will slide up from the bottom asking if you'd like to save the workout as completed or not. You'll need to drag that panel either left or right to confirm or cancel the save before exiting.

Once out, check the setting to view your program. It's the icon right of the red workout icon. What program are you using? You can see that on your main menu panel. When you open the settings, navigate to that program e.g. Advanced - Medium Load Prep Cycle 1. Click the gears icon to bring up the daily/weekly details.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 08:51:21 AM by Robert Frederick »

MarkS

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 04:53:24 AM »
Lol- thanks- that was easy enough!

I'll put the next ? In the main forum. Thanks!

FreakGoHome

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2014, 03:53:10 PM »
Looking at the different plans corresponding to the level of the lifter's advancement, at the macrocycle level I notice that the ratio of the length of the preparatory period to the competition period changes. For novice lifters the ratio of prep to comp is 1:1, for intermediates 2:1 and for advanced 3:1.

I have never seen a Sheiko template with 1:1 prep:comp. Am I reading the cycle correctly?

The reason for longer prep periods and larger training volumes for more advanced lifters relative to less advanced lifters is obvious, but why is the prep period the same length between all classes of lifters in absolute terms? A novice lifter may need a small period of time and small volume of work to spur adaptation but in my mind it would also seem logical to think that their competition taper period should also be shorter given they have accrued a smaller fatigue "debt".

Would anyone care to elaborate on this or give their own opinions as to why this is the case?

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2014, 06:30:01 PM »
Don't forget that the beginner has also undergone more substantial change in that single training period as well.

danime

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2015, 11:10:35 PM »
I think just a simple "Getting started" feature when you start the app for the first time, would be good to have. Just something that shows you around the different features. I'm not sure how it is on the iOS version since I'm on android, but it seems on iOS you have more of a setup? I can't find anywhere to enter my BW, only maxes, and I'm not  getting put into any category and no program is recommended for me.

Maybe this is coming to android later on? It feels a bit barebones at the moment, compared to iOS version, in terms of configuration. Looking at Bryce's video, you can select gender, bw, raw/equipped, incriments etc. On android I only have maxes.

Unless I just can't find it.

Luigi Papino

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2015, 01:44:37 PM »
I think just a simple "Getting started" feature when you start the app for the first time, would be good to have. Just something that shows you around the different features. I'm not sure how it is on the iOS version since I'm on android, but it seems on iOS you have more of a setup? I can't find anywhere to enter my BW, only maxes, and I'm not  getting put into any category and no program is recommended for me.

Maybe this is coming to android later on? It feels a bit barebones at the moment, compared to iOS version, in terms of configuration. Looking at Bryce's video, you can select gender, bw, raw/equipped, incriments etc. On android I only have maxes.

Unless I just can't find it.

Yes, the Android app is not completely aligned to iOS version. I'm working to introduce also this parameters.
I need a little of time, because I have other deadline. But you definitively will have this paramaters

Joakley

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2015, 05:13:29 PM »
Is there a chart available that correlates the numbered programs with the named programs on the app. For example if I wanted to run 37 what named program  on the app would it be. Thanks

Liftisgood

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2015, 01:31:26 AM »
Is there a chart available that correlates the numbered programs with the named programs on the app. For example if I wanted to run 37 what named program  on the app would it be. Thanks

There isn't a chart but I think you can deduce it from info on this forum.

From what I can tell the app programs relate to the following:

Intermediate Medium Load = Over 80kg 3 day program
Intermediate Large Load = Under 80kg 3 day program (I think this contains 37)
Advanced Medium Load = 4 day program

The rest of the programs are a bit different

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Joakley

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2015, 04:00:11 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Most of the information you get off the net refers to the numbered programs. So trying to follow the suggested sequence of programs off the app is pretty confusing to me. Could be I'm just not that bright. I just finished the beginner prep program and made some really good progress, so I'm really not sure what to run next. I've looked at the programs and I think I'll move on to the intermediate small load prep and take it from there. I just thought that some way to match the programs up would help take some of the guess work out. Any way this programming has been great for me so far.

Liftisgood

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2015, 02:33:05 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Most of the information you get off the net refers to the numbered programs. So trying to follow the suggested sequence of programs off the app is pretty confusing to me. Could be I'm just not that bright. I just finished the beginner prep program and made some really good progress, so I'm really not sure what to run next. I've looked at the programs and I think I'll move on to the intermediate small load prep and take it from there. I just thought that some way to match the programs up would help take some of the guess work out. Any way this programming has been great for me so far.

If you find the post on this forum for the 3 day and 4 day program with the .xls spreadsheets it says which numbered programs they contain, some are modified.