September 26, 2018, 10:43:30 AM

Author Topic: 3 Day Program (post your results)  (Read 64368 times)

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Day Program (post your results)
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2017, 10:58:48 AM »
If im not competing do I run through the comp cycle completely? or should I reset and run my new maxes after skills test day

I would recommend to run the extra taping (the rest of the program) to get some deload and be ready for a new cycle.
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."

trandenny

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2017, 04:09:57 AM »
If im not competing do I run through the comp cycle completely? or should I reset and run my new maxes after skills test day

I would recommend to run the extra taping (the rest of the program) to get some deload and be ready for a new cycle.

I just did my test day. 410lb (+10lb) squat for relatively easy single, Failed a 285lbs bench (current max is 275lbs) and got a 545(+20lb) deadlift. Should I max again at the end of comp cycle? or just deload and reset

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2017, 04:17:05 PM »

I just did my test day. 410lb (+10lb) squat for relatively easy single, Failed a 285lbs bench (current max is 275lbs) and got a 545(+20lb) deadlift. Should I max again at the end of comp cycle? or just deload and reset

Just deload and reset.
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."

thegamezbeplayed

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2017, 11:31:33 PM »
hello my meet date was changed and i now have only 9 weeks to prep. I was hoping to do sheiko intermediate large load as i am having good results with it now. I know in order to make it fit you should work backwards from the meet and start at w.e week you land on. But i dont think i need 4 weeks for the comp cycle (#30), i also dont want half of my comp prep to be that low on NL

For reference i am 90kg and my numbers are 166/130/211kg but those are old and i max soon and hope to get atleast 170/135/220 before starting my 9 week meet prep

I was debating on removing the first 2 weeks and then 1 week from the last 4 weeks but im not sure which. Again i have never competed before, i dont think ill need that long of a taper

RuneGlud

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2017, 10:33:18 AM »
hello my meet date was changed and i now have only 9 weeks to prep. I was hoping to do sheiko intermediate large load as i am having good results with it now. I know in order to make it fit you should work backwards from the meet and start at w.e week you land on. But i dont think i need 4 weeks for the comp cycle (#30), i also dont want half of my comp prep to be that low on NL

For reference i am 90kg and my numbers are 166/130/211kg but those are old and i max soon and hope to get atleast 170/135/220 before starting my 9 week meet prep

I was debating on removing the first 2 weeks and then 1 week from the last 4 weeks but im not sure which. Again i have never competed before, i dont think ill need that long of a taper
Hi.
I think you are on the right track. I would skip the last week of the comp cycle, and addjust the rest of it to the NL you find appropiate.

hwyolo

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2017, 04:57:10 PM »
Coming from an annoying SI injury, I started out with the advanced medium load prep cycle I (four days universal) to get in a shape a bit, followed by #29 and #30 and a 2-week peaking cycle that I wrote myself.

BW before: 88kg
BW after: 92 kg

best competition results before (obtained at 90 kg bw):
SQ 160
BP 92.5
DL (sumo) 210
DL (Conventional) 190

new maxes:

SQ 165 (easy lift, room for more)
BP 107.5 (+15kg pr)
DL (Conventional) 205 (+15 kg pr).

* Did I modify the program: Yes.

SI injury showed itself every now and then, and I often had to reduce training volume/intensity on sumo deadlifts. Two weeks out I switched back to conventional as it reduced the pain significantly. Did relatively little assistance and substituted a part of the bench work for heavier sets with the Slingshot. Also used an inflated bench max(+5kg), and increased the bench twice (both after the four days cycle and after #29).

*Other thoughts/feedback:

Very happy with the progression. Selection of weight and high amount of volume helped me reinforce my technique and keep the nagging SI injury at bay a bit. Bench went into the sky from the large amount of volume.

ryan103

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2018, 05:12:34 AM »
Started out with the following true 1RM's:
Weight - Probably around 255 pounds - I did not monitor bodyweight during the entire 12 weeks;

BP, Paused - 345 pounds;
Back Squat - 455 pounds;
DL, Conventional - 505 pounds;

After the 3 - four week cycles on intermediate medium load, I got a 5 lb PR on bench.  Other than that, my squat stayed the same and my DL may have regressed. 

I failed the DL from the ground and the squat coming out of the hole.  I even lowered my estimated test weights by a significant amount on deadlift and bench after the squat failure.  I'm at a bit of a loss and am wondering what I could do differently next time. 

Shadowdenim

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2018, 11:39:45 PM »
*Body weight before
81,1kg
*Maxes before
170kg super easy
95kg grind bench
200kg deadlift, because 212,5kg got red lighted because of a unlocked knee.
*Program - over/under 80kg
Over 80kg first 4 weeks of 37 then 2 days of 31 and got the notice that in 12 weeks I could qualify for nationals. Used the 32 week 1 day 2 to peek my squat and bench and estimated my deadlift. Used 180kg true squat max, 105kg inflated bench and 220kg guess deadlift. Then did the full 12 week medium load.
*Did you modify it? yes/no
Yes, added soms biceps and rear shoulder work. Should have added more triceps
*Body weight after
Bulked up to 87kg and began dieting 5 weeks out
81,8kg on meetday
*Maxes after
Easy 200kg squat
105kg bench, Grinder from hel
225kg deadlift, did 240 because I needed 545kg to qualify, it did move but not much. So a +65kg meetPR.
*Any other thoughts/feedback
Gave it my all, no alcohol, enough sleep and almost never missing a meal. When properly executed this program is pure gold and I'm looking forward to more gains.,

flat_top

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2018, 10:30:33 PM »
Started the 3 day Intermediate program in November, and competed last weekend.
I am a 54 year old male and compete in the IPF (unequipped) in Canada in the M2/105 category. I've been competing for three years and have set some Provincial records.

Previous meet (November 2017):
Squat: 192.5 (PR)
Bench: 127.5
Deadlift: 250

February 10th/2018:
Squat: 205 (PR)
Bench: 130 (tied meet PR)
Deadlift: 262.5 (new Provincial record)
WILKS: 359

Hardly setting the powerlifting world on fire but I am quite pleased with my progress. I had hernia surgery in April 2017 and thought I may not ever be able to lift heavy again. So far I'm holding up well, even with a rigorous program like Sheiko. I am considering trying the Advanced-Small Load next.

I did add a 4th workout day for bodybuilding-type exercises.

If I can survive Sheiko at 54, post-abdominal surgery, almost anyone can!
Thanks for reading!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:42:23 PM by flat_top »

Hegsa

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2018, 08:03:58 PM »
*Body weight before
102,9 kg

*Maxes before
225-135-245 in competition December 2017. Deadlifted 250 earlier in 2017.

*Program - over/under 80kg
29-37-32

*Did you modify it?
I skipped some assistance work to reduce required training time

*Body weight after
102,4 kg

*Maxes after
I did 227,5-140-252,5 in competition today on third lifts. Could probably have few kg's more in bench and deadlift if pushed it.

*Any other thoughts/feedback
I was very unsure of my performance before today's competition but it went like I planned it. I did 225-135-245 in skill test day but I felt unfamiliar with the heavy weights. Will most likely continue with one of the 3-day programs since I don't have time to train 4 nights/week.

Squattingtoodeep

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2018, 04:01:30 AM »
Body weight before- 90kg

Body weight after- 88.8kg

Lifts before-

Squat- 160kg

Bench- 105kg

Deadlift- 200kg

Lifts after 3 day intermediate medium load

Squat- 172.5kg

Bench- 110kg

Deadlift- 215kg (there was more there but jumped to 227.5 and failed on my third)

Modifications: Added more upper back accessory work and reverse hypers. 

In a slow cut to 83kg.  Next meet in August and will probably switch to 4 day medium load.  I really felt like the last 4 weeks were largely a waste.  My skill test numbers were 170 / 110 / 215.  I think I am able to peak very quickly and actually lost some strength in the bench press over the last 4 weeks, still very happy with the results for only twelve weeks.