July 04, 2020, 01:28:48 PM

Author Topic: Non competitive Sheiko Programs  (Read 4376 times)

Romans109

• View Profile
Non competitive Sheiko Programs
« on: November 02, 2014, 08:55:36 PM »
Hi! I'm not competing for a fair while and was wondering if any Non competitive Sheiko routines exist?
Or do they all have the same phases such as preparation - Intensification - then peaking etc. I'm under 80kgs and total 1060 pounds or 480kgs raw no wraps.

Thank you

Tom

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Non competitive Sheiko Programs
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 03:13:42 PM »
You follow the same system with or without competitions. There are two differences that I can think of off the top of my head.

1) If you are not competing and you set a new max on a skills test day, use the new max right away instead of waiting for your mock competition day.

2) If competing you'd have to start with the competition day and work backwards and make needed modifications to make the schedule work out. Otherwise, you can just run the program as is without worrying about scheduling with is obviously a bit simpler. 

SUBZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 01:40:06 PM »
I'm running the over 80 kg program right now. I'm at week #3 of #32v2. In week #1 I got a 100% lift in the bench press and deadlift. In the squat I set a new max at 105%. I'm using my new max, for the rest of the program, like you say.
I don't compete in competitions yet.. Should I try to set a new max in my lifts on the competition day or just start the program all over? I guess I should try and set new PRs.

Also, if I where to go to a competition, how should my warm up set look like (same as in week #1)? and at what percentages should I try and lift at the competition.

Hope you understand me :)

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 03:38:05 PM »
Yeah, try for some new maxes at the end of #32v2. You might be a bit fresher after completing the taper down to the comp/simulated comp day.

For actual comp day strategies I'll let Boris answer that one. He's got a pretty good record there  ;)

Romans109

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 10:09:30 PM »
Thank you so much for the information and answering my question.

I'm glad Powerlifters are helping each other more and more as the sport prospers :)

Regards

Tom