December 16, 2019, 05:31:01 AM

Author Topic: Off Season Training  (Read 2310 times)

cheeker9 o

• View Profile
Off Season Training
« on: July 01, 2015, 07:15:03 PM »
I've a Question to everyone here, what are you doing in the off season?
Do you actually use different off season training, like it's common in american powerliting, or are you jumping from cycle to cycle after a few days off?

Would also be interesting to see what the professional lifters are doing?

Personally after a meet i used to take a few days off, followed by
3-4 weeks of higher rep assistance for whatever i felt i would need.
The Main Lifts would be something like 5x8, 5x5, 3x3, 3x10
moving from week to week than jumping back on to regular Training.

What are you guys doing?

Liftisgood

Re: Off Season Training
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 02:55:42 AM »
I usually take a week where I do something easier, and also more high rep.

Then after that I find I need a bit of a mental break from hitting the written numbers in a Sheiko routine, so I do something more auto-regulated.

I'll also focus on more variations of lifts, higher reps for hypertrophy, and dare I say it more cardio.

At the moment I am trying a varation on 'The Bulgarian' Method. According to Greg Nuckols doing it after the high work capacity building of Sheiko it can yield good results.

I've eased into it with 3 days a week, but so far I haven't really noticed any progress, if anything I may have started to detrain a little.

I'm trying 5 or 6 days a week from herein to see if it works out.

Anyway, a little tangential there, but basically I try something as opposite to Sheiko as I can, mostly for the mental break, it might be beneficial to run a smaller load Sheiko variant in between in future.

I'll do some bodybuilding work next before I do Sheiko again, I feel I have some weakness I need to correct.

I reckon if you feel fresh enough to do more Sheiko, then do it.

cheeker9 o

• View Profile
Re: Off Season Training
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 09:23:43 PM »
I share your thoughts on a mental Break from time to time. So if i do it i do usually a 4 week block concentrating on using more unilateral movement for assistance. The main Lifts are done in slightly higher rep ranges to maintain lifting technik.
If I feel i need it I try do cut a little bit bodyfat during this time.
So Overall i believe it won't hurt Progress doing this between cycles.