May 24, 2019, 01:01:58 PM

Author Topic: Bench Press and Milk!  (Read 131230 times)

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bench Press and Milk!
« Reply #585 on: January 28, 2019, 12:30:18 PM »
I continue doing progress on the slight incline DB presses. Did 6x5x45s since last and 6x4x45 this Saturday. BW is 83.5 - 84.00 in the mornings.

Next competition is in march, so I have started equipped lifting again. Changes have been, that I am going to lift in a super low cut which is one size smaller than usual. So a 42 instead of a 44. I done 195 in the 44. But it is tough to touch in the 42. I was supposed to lift in it at my last competition but was not stretched properly, so didn't manage to touch any lifts. This time, the shirt feels more stretched out and I hope to touch with 175/180 soon. I also bought a new DL suit, a Titan Velocity Conventional. The conventional is better suited for Sumo lifters, in my opinion, than their sumo suit. It has longer legs. The legs in the suit still slides up a bit for me though but I think it is because I use tights and the suit is rather tight. I am curious about what this suit can bring.
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 31, 2019, 04:40:03 PM »
I am able to bench down to board 1 now with relative ease. I am looking forward to see what I can manage in this shirt. Soon I will have to touch with some weight in this shirt!! Will try next week :D

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 08, 2019, 10:26:44 AM »
Had skill test this week. Squat was meh, managed 100 % but was just parallel. Didn't manage 95% bench - but this time I was able to touch the chest and last attempt I think I would have managed if not, I had hit the rack at lockout and it had bounced away. Deadlift I managed 105 % !! I am really stocked! I have not hit a personal best in the gym since 2016, if I remember correctly! I have always been bad at the deadlifts but I feel less bad now :)

I hope to make 700 or more at my next competition, would be my third time doing so. My goal is to make as many successful attempts as possible this time, so I will play it safe'er than usual. 

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 05, 2019, 09:54:58 PM »
I managed 9/9 lifts at my comp. with the following lifts as the heaviest:

squat: 275
Bench press: 185
Deadlift: 260 <- (12,5 kg improvement since November)
Total: 720

Squat was meh. I didn't really get any sleep the night before the competition. I weighed in at 82.73 and drank 5 lifters of fluids doing whole competition so avoided cramps, which I have been struggling with during competitions. Squat went really nice, but I think the straps of the suit might have been a bit on the loose side. Regards I squatted so deep, that the guy after me bummed in squat xD (he is a good friend of mine). I won silver in squat. Bench Press I have been struggling a bit with the new shirt and touching and pressing the weight to lock out. But a couple of weeks before I was able to bench press properly in it. 185 was a really nice lift. In deadlift I got 260, which was all out in the new suit (Titan velocity conventional). So weird with the velocity suit. The conventional is better at sumo while the sumo variant seem better for conventional lifters  :o :o :o

Also some slightly related news. I am not going to be active on the forum any more. I will still pop by once in a while but this will officially be the last post in my training log. I hope others will find inspiration in it as I have done with many posts and threads here on the forum.