February 16, 2019, 03:28:12 AM

Author Topic: Bench Press and Milk!  (Read 126425 times)

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bench Press and Milk!
« Reply #585 on: January 28, 2019, 12:30:18 PM »
I continue doing progress on the slight incline DB presses. Did 6x5x45s since last and 6x4x45 this Saturday. BW is 83.5 - 84.00 in the mornings.

Next competition is in march, so I have started equipped lifting again. Changes have been, that I am going to lift in a super low cut which is one size smaller than usual. So a 42 instead of a 44. I done 195 in the 44. But it is tough to touch in the 42. I was supposed to lift in it at my last competition but was not stretched properly, so didn't manage to touch any lifts. This time, the shirt feels more stretched out and I hope to touch with 175/180 soon. I also bought a new DL suit, a Titan Velocity Conventional. The conventional is better suited for Sumo lifters, in my opinion, than their sumo suit. It has longer legs. The legs in the suit still slides up a bit for me though but I think it is because I use tights and the suit is rather tight. I am curious about what this suit can bring.
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 31, 2019, 04:40:03 PM »
I am able to bench down to board 1 now with relative ease. I am looking forward to see what I can manage in this shirt. Soon I will have to touch with some weight in this shirt!! Will try next week :D

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 08, 2019, 10:26:44 AM »
Had skill test this week. Squat was meh, managed 100 % but was just parallel. Didn't manage 95% bench - but this time I was able to touch the chest and last attempt I think I would have managed if not, I had hit the rack at lockout and it had bounced away. Deadlift I managed 105 % !! I am really stocked! I have not hit a personal best in the gym since 2016, if I remember correctly! I have always been bad at the deadlifts but I feel less bad now :)

I hope to make 700 or more at my next competition, would be my third time doing so. My goal is to make as many successful attempts as possible this time, so I will play it safe'er than usual.