August 08, 2020, 08:41:44 AM

Author Topic: 4 Day Program  (Read 364005 times)

simonzhu

• View Profile
Re: 4 Day Program
« Reply #225 on: April 09, 2015, 11:18:22 AM »
Hey robert, I have a question about the excel spreadsheet for the 4day program, on week 3 monday of the second prep block, the squat percentages seem to be wrong, could you tell me what thecorrect percentages are? sorry if this has already been asked

Matty_pee

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 09, 2015, 06:07:43 PM »
Hey robert, I have a question about the excel spreadsheet for the 4day program, on week 3 monday of the second prep block, the squat percentages seem to be wrong, could you tell me what thecorrect percentages are? sorry if this has already been asked

I have 70% on my copy. This pattern is used a few times through the next couple of blocks.

Mason Garlatti

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 09, 2015, 06:34:36 PM »
Question for Robert on the special deadlift variation in week 3 day 4 of prep 2. I see the 4 + 1/2 (x2) Deadlift. Does that mean that I perform 4 1/2 (x2) deadlifts, and those are one rep in the set and rep scheme? making it 3 repetitions of 4 + 1/2 (x2) in one set? Thank you for the clarification.

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 11, 2015, 05:33:05 AM »
Question for Robert on the special deadlift variation in week 3 day 4 of prep 2. I see the 4 + 1/2 (x2) Deadlift. Does that mean that I perform 4 1/2 (x2) deadlifts, and those are one rep in the set and rep scheme? making it 3 repetitions of 4 + 1/2 (x2) in one set? Thank you for the clarification.

One full deadlift followed by two half reps counts as three reps overall.

Floor to hips - 1 rep
hips to knees and return to hips - 1 rep
hips to knees and return to hips - 1 rep

Total -  3 reps

So after 3 warm up sets you do 4 sets with your working weight.

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 11, 2015, 05:35:02 AM »

The squat ladder? Those are 70%.

Toni

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 28, 2015, 11:05:10 AM »
Hello. I did 4 day program medium load a while back. I ended up with increasing my bench, squat and deadlift. As well putting on mass. Now I want to jump back in with a new cycle but this time I want to cut back on the comp cycle. I did not benefit from it, as I am not going to compete, just training, would that be fine?

I also wonder If I should jump up to large load or run medium again, it was heavy at the end last time, but the volume was fine.

Regards.

Bench Polkov

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Benchalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 28, 2015, 12:27:12 PM »
If you're not competing then just doing the last week of the comp cycle, taking a week off then restarting with new maxes will be fine.

cheeker9 o

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 28, 2015, 02:12:45 PM »
Question for Bench Polkov:
If you Don't competition and Don't do a mock meet at the end of the cycle, where do you get New maxes from?

Toni

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 28, 2015, 02:16:33 PM »
If you're not competing then just doing the last week of the comp cycle, taking a week off then restarting with new maxes will be fine.

Great, thank you.

Bench Polkov

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Benchalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 28, 2015, 03:04:57 PM »
Why would you not do a mock meet to test maxes? Just treat it like you would the skills test day.

Dahmkooler

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 28, 2015, 03:10:47 PM »
Is the only purpose of the comp cycle to bring fatigue down to baseline/zero?

Also, if you do your test week immediately after finishing three prep cycles, isn't your fatigue going to be completely masking your true strength, artificially lowering your maxes for the next cycle?

cheeker9 o

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 28, 2015, 03:29:27 PM »
I thought so too.
That's why i got your answer wrong.
So you say if you Don't compete you could shorten the comp cycle to just the last week?
Would you still Use New maxes from test day, to finish prep 3, or would time be to short to Adapt to let's say a mock meet?

Toni

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 06, 2015, 12:49:18 PM »
I have bought a Super ram (same thing as slingshot), and I am going to replace board press and bench press with chains with it. But I am confused about how much more weight I should add. Should I add 10-15% more weight on both the replaced exercises, as the Super ram would give me more power.

Example:
Instead of 90kg board press I do 100-105kg with super ram.
Instead of 100kg bench press with chains(10-20kg) I do 120-125kg with the super ram?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 02:09:45 PM by Toni »

Bench Polkov

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Benchalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 06, 2015, 04:26:09 PM »
I find that at least a good 10% over your raw bench %s is need for slingshot but it might differ for other lifts depending on the strength of your lockout. I personally use pretty similar weights from board to slingshot but I always pause the bar on my chest to reduce the rebound. If I were to bounce it I could go probably 5-10% heavier.

s.p.4

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 08, 2015, 01:06:21 PM »
I want to do this program as preparation for my first competition, but as I'm currently planning ahead I realized that after my vacation I will have 23 weeks left until the competition. Are there any recommendations for a short preparation "cycle"?

I'm coming off 3day/week (and lower volume) programs, so I thought that there could be a benefit in getting used to the 4day/week layout with higher volume before i start the program, but as I have a rather small time frame I'm unsure what to do and would be thankful for any advice!

thanks in advance.