July 04, 2020, 12:09:06 PM

Author Topic: 4 Day Program  (Read 359340 times)

georgeslaraque

• View Profile
Re: 4 Day Program
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2014, 11:08:04 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys.

Hope you don't mind another question - I train and lift "raw" - changing the 2nd day to a CG bench (with chains or board as programed) - is it better or more suitable for a raw lifter or keep it as is - comp bench (with chains or board as is programed)?

I don't want to change much if anything at all in the program - but if there is anything that would suit a raw lifter over a geared one, I'd like to take advantage of it.

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2014, 09:22:46 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys.

Hope you don't mind another question - I train and lift "raw" - changing the 2nd day to a CG bench (with chains or board as programed) - is it better or more suitable for a raw lifter or keep it as is - comp bench (with chains or board as is programed)?

I don't want to change much if anything at all in the program - but if there is anything that would suit a raw lifter over a geared one, I'd like to take advantage of it.

If you can't think of a clear and compelling reason to change it then leave it as is. Practicing the comp bench should carry over better to the actual comp bench than some other lift, provided the other lift isn't addressing a critical weakness.

SUBZ

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2014, 04:47:03 PM »
Should I start with the 4-day a week program? I am 23 years old with a BW of 86kg and a total of 475kg. I will soon be done with the 3-day program.

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2014, 06:16:15 PM »
Boris likes people doing 4 days when they can. If you can fit it in then yeah, go for it. That's not to say that 3 days can't work though. I currently do 3 due to a few reasons but I can still make progress like that. I quite like it actually. I use inflated maxes and so wind up doing heavy stuff more often.

The programs are flexible. Boris said "use them creatively". He's the first author of the programs but each user is also a co-author.

Dingle

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2014, 03:09:42 AM »
Hey, Im just looking through the App workouts and without giving away to much to people who have not bought them I just have one question.

The advanced maximum volume cycle if followed for the full 20 weeks doesn't seem to have a testing like the mid cycle one does? any reason for this just curious and kind of excited to give it a try next year.

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2014, 10:09:17 AM »
Hey, Im just looking through the App workouts and without giving away to much to people who have not bought them I just have one question.

The advanced maximum volume cycle if followed for the full 20 weeks doesn't seem to have a testing like the mid cycle one does? any reason for this just curious and kind of excited to give it a try next year.

Right, just volume and more volume until the first week of the comp period for the test. Your numbers probably will be fairly stable by that point. So the weights don't need to be adjusted as frequently.

georgeslaraque

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2014, 09:13:41 PM »
Is there any particular board height that should be used?   And do you think there is a difference between a shirted lifter and a raw one, when using boards?     Such as a 1 or 2 board for a raw lifter, and a 2/3/4 for a shirted one?

Thanks.

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2014, 05:57:36 AM »
Is there any particular board height that should be used?   And do you think there is a difference between a shirted lifter and a raw one, when using boards?     Such as a 1 or 2 board for a raw lifter, and a 2/3/4 for a shirted one?

Thanks.

That's how it works for me. I lift raw and prefer less spacing. I could easily see that changing though if I put a shirt on and had that extra assistance at the bottom.

SuperSonic440

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2014, 01:13:41 AM »
Would a reactive sling shot be able to replace the Bench w/chains on this program?
I plan on using a band to replace deadlifts w/chains.
Would a #2 rogue fitness blue band be a good starting point if I anchor the band by stepping on the it?

biomechanical

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2014, 11:16:53 AM »
I have just come off specific programming for a Push/Pull only competition and now only have 9 weeks before State Titles.

Would it be a suitable idea to run the first 4 weeks (adaptation) then the last four weeks (realization) of the over 80kg 4/week training cycle in preparation for this event.

I have had so much success with Sheiko in the past. Constantly my go to programming for guaranteed results.

Thanks everyone

AndersE

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2014, 06:39:37 PM »
I'm about to start the 20 week program (found in the app under advance and medium load). End of week 20 will be the national championship compition (master, raw 83kg) I have two questions regarding the program:

-First when setting your maxes should I use compition PB or max weight during training? I have completed two 13 weeks programs  with Smolov for squats and when I set the max weight in that program I used 10-15kg below my true max. And I'm glad I did, because I was really close to fail during some of the sets even though I used a smaller weight input... What's your recommendation?

-Secondly, I'm planning to split some training days in two workouts. Doing half of the program at lunchtime and the remaining of the daily workout in the evening. Is there any negative impact on the progress if I do it like this?

Thanks for an excellent homepage and app!!!

reddead

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2014, 02:17:50 AM »
So I just finished the first 4 week prep period, and decided to sign up for a powerlifting meet that is a mere 11 weeks away. I have to cut 5 weeks of training.

How should I proceed? Do the 6 week accumulation block, then the comp block while skipping the third (transmutation?) block?

Heinz Pospischil

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2014, 05:17:40 AM »
Similar to reddead my meet is like 13 weeks away, march 15th.
I want to use this 4 day programm to increase my strength, especially bench.
I'm somewhat intermediate (with a total of 490) but i have plenty of time to train and think i can handle the volume.

1. Question: Since this is a 20 week programm, which weeks should i cut out to peak on march 15th?

2. Question: See little lats/upper back here. Not sure my shoulders will like this. Is it ok to replace stuff like GM or Hyperextensions with light rows and some pull ups, since there is already a lot of stress on lower back from squats and deadlifts?

3. Question: Unfortunatly no board or chains in my gym. Any recomendation how to substite these two?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 05:19:30 AM by Heinz Pospischil »

norsman

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2014, 09:47:48 PM »
If you read earlier in this thread i think robert advised to just count backwards from end of program according to how far away your meet is and start there.

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2014, 06:16:25 AM »
Would a reactive sling shot be able to replace the Bench w/chains on this program?
I plan on using a band to replace deadlifts w/chains.
Would a #2 rogue fitness blue band be a good starting point if I anchor the band by stepping on the it?

You could use the slingshot and band instead. Give it a try and comment on how it works out for you.