August 24, 2019, 12:56:34 PM

Author Topic: Suggestions for Equipment  (Read 4867 times)

direpl

• View Profile
Suggestions for Equipment
« on: July 05, 2014, 04:13:59 PM »
Hey everyone, was hoping to get some suggestions as to what equipment I should get.  I have not lifted equipped before, the closest I using a slingshot on bench and knee wraps on squats a few times.  My current best meet lifts raw are (KG) 180/135/197.5 in the gym I have squatted 185kg and benched 137.5kg.

As far as bench shirt goes I will most likely be getting a second hand Titan F6 as I bench with an arch (if only a small one so far) and a reasonable arc in my bench movement.

For my squat suit I am trying to decide between a inzer TRX or a titan Centurion.  I would be very happy if I could get opinions on both suits from anyone that has used either or both of them, or if someone has another suggestion for a suit. For wraps I will be using titan golds or inzer grippers/W50s.

I am undecided whether I should invest in a Deadlift suit as of yet or just pull Raw for now. Any suggestions on this topic would be appreciated. Currently I pull conventional but will be learning sumo slowly.

THANKS  ;D ;D ;D

EDIT: thought I should mention I lift in an IPF affiliate so any other equipment suggestions have to be IPF legal thanks.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 04:17:15 PM by direpl »

BuccioniPL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for Equipment
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 06:35:49 PM »
Hi there,

my point is go for a centurion. TRX gives much less kg, although some guy prefers it. But as you can see watching around, the vast majority of the lifters use the centurion. It lasts a lot, at least one time it was lasting a lot...

For bench shirt. F6 it's a good option, but as soon as you're get used to it, go for a superkatana, more kg on the bar.

I agre for knee wraps, gold and metal silver are the best.

Deadlift: it depends much on how you pull. You can use the centurion RS for both sumo and regular deadlift, but you need a strict control of your technique.
My preferred sumo deadlift suit is by far the metal king.
"Hard in the training, easy in the battle"

DRY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 05:35:33 AM »
I prefer the trx by a wide margin. I get at least 75kg out of it, maybe 100. The super centurion gives no hugging pressure across the waist or torso. Most ipf lifters use the titan suits yes, but that could be due to a million factors. Titan is the only retailer avaliable easily in some countries etc.

HOWEVER I have heard inzer has yet to pay the fee for 2015 so come next year you might not be allowed to wear the trx anyways. Right now I'd either buy the sc to be safe or just to find out on inzer

Almost everything is just a  matter of preference. I think the only two things that one can safely say are that the best shirt is the super katana and the best wrap is the inzer grippers. I personally do trx+grippers, super katana, old metal ipf king sumo
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:44:46 AM by DRY »

BirkirkaraBarbell

• Build slowly but surely!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 05:08:24 PM »
Hi Buccioni,

Why is the Metal King your favourite deadlift suit for sumo?  Is there a scientific reason for this or is it just the feel?  A lot of lifters on forums say Metal Sumo Deadlifter is the best suit for sumo deadlifting but none of them give a concrete reason.  Sometimes I suspect they might be repeating each other.
I own a Metal King Sumo Deadlifter as well as a conventional Titan Velocity deadlift suit and half a dozen Titan squat suits.  Titan has a harness system which is very tough stitching around the hip area.  This harness system is what makes Titan's suits superior to other brands.  The harness stores more energy thus enabling you to lift more weight if your back is strong enough, and also it makes the suit last longer or stretch out less quickly.  The metal suit is much softer, so it does not store so much energy.  It is easier to use but gives me less aid.  Having said that, I do not own any other suit which is built for sumo.  And the squat suits I own are all Regular Stance Versions.
As to the Velocity it is literally a squat suit with a higher front panel.  So no need to invest in a deadlift suit if you got a squat suit.  Use the latter for both squat and deadlift.  Only reason I bought it was to try it out and since Titan suits last a decade I decided I might just as well invest in an extra suit.

To summarize everything, my question is why is Metal King superior to Titan Velocity, Inzer Fusion or other suits for sumo?

Thanks

Hi there,

my point is go for a centurion. TRX gives much less kg, although some guy prefers it. But as you can see watching around, the vast majority of the lifters use the centurion. It lasts a lot, at least one time it was lasting a lot...

For bench shirt. F6 it's a good option, but as soon as you're get used to it, go for a superkatana, more kg on the bar.

I agre for knee wraps, gold and metal silver are the best.

Deadlift: it depends much on how you pull. You can use the centurion RS for both sumo and regular deadlift, but you need a strict control of your technique.
My preferred sumo deadlift suit is by far the metal king.

DRY

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 10:02:14 PM »

To summarize everything, my question is why is Metal King superior to Titan Velocity, Inzer Fusion or other suits for sumo?

Thanks
Only my opinion, but the Metal is stretchier so it is easier to get down in a tight suit.  For the Titan it is so stiff, getting down is much harder and then the suit must be looser so the pop is less.

BirkirkaraBarbell

• Build slowly but surely!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 11:31:40 PM »
Ok fine.  At least I have one answer as to why some people prefer the Metal King Sumo Deadlifter

[/quote]Only my opinion, but the Metal is stretchier so it is easier to get down in a tight suit.  For the Titan it is so stiff, getting down is much harder and then the suit must be looser so the pop is less.
[/quote]