August 24, 2019, 12:51:13 PM

Author Topic: Equipment Discussion Thread  (Read 6694 times)

DRY

• View Profile
Equipment Discussion Thread
« on: June 26, 2014, 05:32:47 PM »
Figured it might be good to try to have 1 thread for the gear guys to give eachother advice.

I'll start with 2 questions:

If I am running a program calling for equipped benching but most of the work is too light to be done in my competition shirt, should my lighter shirt be the same shirt but looser, or a downgraded shirt such as a Titan F6 or something?  I suppose similar questions could be asked for the squat.  Should it be a looser top of the line suit, or a tight inzer Z or titan superior?

Second question:  I've recently been using a size 34 Inzer TRX with the legs tightened a little more @ 175cm and 105kg.  I sold both of those and can now afford a new suit.  Most wear a Super Centurion, should I go for that instead?  I haven't loved it in the past because it makes me change my squat a little bit more than the TRX

Chreiz

• View Profile
Re: Equipment Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 05:45:52 PM »
Boris wrote about this in some detail in his FAQ

11. Wear your equip when you lift 75% or more. Also use equip if you feel that next weight is impossible to lift without equip.

12. You have to have two shirts: one shirt (less tight) for 75-90% and another (more tight) for 95%+ and for competitions as well. You will not lift 95-110% very often. So your second shirt will not stretch too much and it will be in good condition for the comp.

So this at least answers a part of your questions.

DRY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 06:40:56 PM »
Boris wrote about this in some detail in his FAQ

11. Wear your equip when you lift 75% or more. Also use equip if you feel that next weight is impossible to lift without equip.

12. You have to have two shirts: one shirt (less tight) for 75-90% and another (more tight) for 95%+ and for competitions as well. You will not lift 95-110% very often. So your second shirt will not stretch too much and it will be in good condition for the comp.

So this at least answers a part of your questions.
Yes I have read that, which is why I asked the question.  That does not really answer the specific question.  The question is, do people make this secondary shirt be another shirt of the same model just looser, or an easier model.  Super Katana and looser Super Katana, or Super Katana and F6 for example

BuccioniPL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 06:47:06 PM »
DRY, I am more inclined to suggest same model. Super katana 46 and 44 for example.
F6 works differently. It changes your form and when one puts on the competition shirt things
can be surprisingly bad...

For squat suit, I suggest centurion or supercenturion all the time. Maybe you can check among regular stance and wide stance which fits best for you.

TRX in my opinion ( I have tried it just a couple of times) gives much much less leg drive.
Less kg on the bar.

I personally use one loose super cent and another for comp and test.

Concerning the %, depending on how feel in given day, I put on suit starting from 70%, sometime if I am very tired I put it also at 60%
"Hard in the training, easy in the battle"

Bench Polkov

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Benchalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 09:12:05 PM »
Yes I have read that, which is why I asked the question.  That does not really answer the specific question.  The question is, do people make this secondary shirt be another shirt of the same model just looser, or an easier model.  Super Katana and looser Super Katana, or Super Katana and F6 for example

Stick the the same model if possible.

I've got two 2nd-hand normal super ks and my custom LCC super k lined up. I'll use the normal super ks for the lighter stuff then switch to the custom LCC for the heavier stuff and comp because I can jack the collar down so much more.

Giraffe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 05:27:38 PM »
For squat I never found it to be too much of an issue. I had a new suit that I saved for comp and another suit the same size for training. I would put the training suit bottoms on for 70% with loose wraps. Tighter wraps for 75-85% and straps up for 90%.

I did similar with the bench is that I had a more stretched shirt for training where I could touch 80-85%, percentages below that I would just go down as far as I could, sometimes using small boards.

I prefered the TRX to the Super Centurion too, although they stretch out quickly, only really good for one comp.

DRY

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 05:34:29 PM »
I see guys thanks.  That is a bit unfortunate for the $$ perspective.  It'd be a lot easier to have 1 good suit and 1 cheap suit.  I guess I'll just have to keep my suits around once they get too old and transition them to 'training suits'

Giraffe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 05:39:10 PM »
I liked the TRX as a deadlift suit too, so once I competed in a squat suit, that became my deadlift comp suit. My previous deadlift comp suit became my squat training suit etc.

Needless to say I have a wardrobe full of suits now  :o

Not to mention the 3 Super Centurions that have never been used and a bunch of bench shirts. I had a problem...

DRY

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 09:14:31 PM »
I liked the TRX as a deadlift suit too, so once I competed in a squat suit, that became my deadlift comp suit. My previous deadlift comp suit became my squat training suit etc.

Needless to say I have a wardrobe full of suits now  :o

Not to mention the 3 Super Centurions that have never been used and a bunch of bench shirts. I had a problem...
I've had 3 TRXs, 2 Super Centurions, 2 F6s, 2 Rage-Xs, 2 Super Katanas, 1 Velocity, 1 metal deadlifter... I've sold most of them.  Now have 1 LOOSE TRX, my competition Super Katana, and an old gift metal deadlifter that I plan to keep wearing.  I'm mostly a knee wrap monger though.... I think on equipped days I'll bring 8 pairs with me

BirkirkaraBarbell

• Build slowly but surely!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 11:37:57 PM »
I love my old Dual Quad Titan Suit.  It is not as stiff as the Super Cent so I can pull it up by myself even though it fits tight.  And gives me incredible spring.

Aaron83

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 12:59:36 PM »
I have a rotation of 4 super katanas size 42, the only difference between them is age. I use the older ones early in the cycle and use the competition shirt from 3 weeks before a comp. Its not a good idea to use different equipment as it changes the groove.