December 19, 2018, 09:30:37 AM

Author Topic: Stretches and/or mobility drills  (Read 3539 times)

EN85

• View Profile
Stretches and/or mobility drills
« on: June 24, 2014, 06:25:15 PM »
Mr. Sheiko, I am wondering if your lifters do any stretches or mobility drills?
If so, do they differ per lifter? Or are there just a few basic things you make them do?
Also, when do you prefer them? After training of on off days or both?

Kind regards,

E.N.

BuccioniPL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Stretches and/or mobility drills
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 02:15:01 PM »
Hi there,

meanwhile we're waiting for Boris post, I can say my point.
I do small stretching every morning as soon as I wake up (especially low back and shoulders).
I do stretching AFTER work-out (especially legs).

I don't do it before, someone in the past said to me that doing stretching before a heavy effort could be
very dangerous in terms of muscle tears.

Just my 2 cents.
"Hard in the training, easy in the battle"

Blitzball

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 06:10:21 PM »
Hi there,

meanwhile we're waiting for Boris post, I can say my point.
I do small stretching every morning as soon as I wake up (especially low back and shoulders).
I do stretching AFTER work-out (especially legs).

I don't do it before, someone in the past said to me that doing stretching before a heavy effort could be
very dangerous in terms of muscle tears.

Just my 2 cents.

dynamic stretch,mobility drills before training.static stretch,foam roll,tennis ball (or something like that) massage after training.

Boris Sheiko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 06:07:34 AM »
Mr. Sheiko, I am wondering if your lifters do any stretches or mobility drills?
If so, do they differ per lifter? Or are there just a few basic things you make them do?
Also, when do you prefer them? After training of on off days or both?

Kind regards,

E.N.

Stretching improves blood flow to the muscles and removes toxins, which speeds up recovery. It can also help get rid of cramps.

Stretching should be done only after a workout, when the muscles are warmed up enough and elastic. Do stretching smoothly without sudden/fast/abrupt movements and without extreme amplitudes. Listen to your body and do what you think is right for yourself. Ten minutes of static stretching after a workout is necessary.

I don’t recommend stretching before workouts or between sets. Your muscles can become so elastic and mild that it will be hard to do the main workout. For example, if you stretch your hamstrings very well before squatting you will be able to squat deeper. If you stretch your quadriceps – it will be hard to stand from the bottom: it is hard to shorten a stretched muscle.

Therefore before a strength workout you should only warm your muscles – not stretch them. I also don’t see any difference between stretching of lightweight or heavyweight lifters.

EN85

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 11:23:12 AM »
Thank you mister Sheiko