July 15, 2020, 11:55:03 AM

Author Topic: "Soon" starting Sheiko; some questions  (Read 294 times)

Rogers31

• View Profile
"Soon" starting Sheiko; some questions
« on: May 04, 2020, 09:04:14 PM »
Hey guys,
when the gyms will reopen i would like to start the Sheiko program.

I bought the app, which makes a really quality impression. According to this forum i should start with intermediate high load (<80kg @ 184cm) although the app suggests advanced moderate load. But i can't make it for times a week (perspective now).

I'll reduce my estimated loads by about 10% regarding strength lost during the shutdown.

At first glimpse the sets do not seem very challenging (or example 4x3x80% and so on) which should be no problem as i trust in the program and the results it gives many people. I somewhere read about a suggested rpe and pause length between sets but could not find an actual source any more. Was there an update?

There should also be plenty of hypertrophy due to the high volume? I would like to gain at least a few kilos of muscle mass but at a slowly pace because excessive fat gain does not bring me more strength (been there).

best regards
Rogers

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: "Soon" starting Sheiko; some questions
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 07:23:54 AM »
What training are you doing now? The app works best if you continue doing that for now. You can enter your workouts as you do them using the Freestyle mode. Then you can start your individualized Sheiko training after 30 days.

For hypertrophy, that, of course, depends on diet. Anecdotally, I was doing a hypertrophy program before using the app but only the Sheiko training lead to hypertrophy for me. That's a lesson I seem to have to keep relearning in my life. Actually, I gained more mass than I wanted because it made all my clothes too tight. Fat mass increased by less than 2% at the same time.