December 16, 2019, 05:32:58 AM

Author Topic: Question starting out with the Sheiko Gold app - first 30 days  (Read 39 times)

PatB

• View Profile
Question starting out with the Sheiko Gold app - first 30 days
« on: December 01, 2019, 02:08:01 PM »
Hi,

I've just started using the Sheiko Gold app and am running through the first 30 day assessment period.

This will be my first introduction to Sheiko programming and have been using "Powerlifting over 50" by Richard Schuller for a little over a year.  I don't believe this conjugate style of programming has enough volume for hypertrophy and has no auto-regulation to help avoid overtraining or chronic injuries.  Sheiko Gold appears to fulfil these needs.

Anyway, my current program finishes each workout with around 20 minutes of conditioning work using kettlebells.  This includes; kettlebell swings, one-arm snatches and goblet squats, etc.

Should I include this as part of my FREESTYLE workout or will this skew the Sheiko workouts?

TIA

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Question starting out with the Sheiko Gold app - first 30 days
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 05:28:30 PM »
Try and include that too. When you add these exercises to your database, make sure to file them under Additional Exercises and a specific muscle group that you feel doing the most work.