October 18, 2019, 07:53:07 AM

Author Topic: Post Workout Cardio  (Read 115 times)

PK-tarzan

• View Profile
Post Workout Cardio
« on: October 05, 2019, 05:24:48 PM »
! Havent been doing any sheiko cycles the last 6-7 months. Mainly because of other factors in my life. But im thinking about getting back to doing Sheiko very soon. My traning last months have mostly been consisting of bodybulding style training althoug ive still been doing the big 3 pretty frequntly. I go to the gym probably 5-6 times a week (I know sheiko is 4-days per week) I will probably keep doing that, but keep the intensity in the gym on the "rest days" very low so it dose not impact the recovery of the powerlifts. However something i have been loving is to do 20-25 min of cardio on the stairmaster after my strength sessions. Mainly because that i want to keep my cardiovascular Hisystem in check but also because it feels good to just zone out after a workout. My thinking is that if i reeat the lost calories from cardio it will not have that big of an impact, since the stairmaster also is pretty low impact on the joints. Im not looking to compete in powerlifting but would like to get back to my old squat, bench and deadlift standard. What are your guys thougth on post workout cardio? Do you use it or do you have seperate sessions for this?
Best Regards!

PK-tarzan

• View Profile
Re: Post Workout Cardio
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 08:25:33 PM »
I will be running the advanced medium load since that cycle, historicaly, have been the most productive for med

Deaddy

• View Profile
Re: Post Workout Cardio
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 10:49:49 AM »
I think your approach is sensible. It is probably not optimal to do cardio after heavy lifting instead of immediately switching to more passive means of recovery (e.g. food and sleep), but as it is relaxing for you and does not stress you out, I think it is good. In my opinion the mental stress of having to go to the gym just for some cardio (or for other people, to stay at the gym after a Sheiko session and not just come back the other day) outweighs any physiological benefit of either approach, if there is any.

In my case, I don't have specific cardio sessions, for biking is my main mode of transportation and keeping rests short seems to be a very specific way of training my work capacity, so instead of doing cardio I indulge in a bit more bodybuilding style "fluff work".