August 24, 2019, 12:59:14 PM

Author Topic: Bicep tendonitis on squats  (Read 233 times)

clenchi

• View Profile
Bicep tendonitis on squats
« on: August 03, 2019, 09:00:50 AM »
70% was supposed to be easy but my form breaks because my biceps hurt every time i have a squat session. What can you recommend me to fix this? If theres a similar topic about this, can i have the link? Much appreciated!

Deaddy

• View Profile
Re: Bicep tendonitis on squats
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 12:30:04 PM »
I had some bicep tendonitis issues in the past. For rehab work I found the following protocol very helpful: Do some cable rows with neutral for sets of ten to twenty, where I do the concentric motion mostly out of my back and then, for the eccentric, keep my back contracted and to begin the eccentric very slowly with my arms. Also many hammer curls. I figure if there is a lot of blood in the area, it helps the healing process.

Also note that I am not a medical practicioner or so, if the above increases your pain, please stop.

To avert further issues I checked my bar position on the back. It is necessary that the bar rests on a firm platform, either the retracted shoulders when doing high bar squats, or the rear deltoids when doing low bar squats, as then it cannot roll down further during the squat (bar technical failure), which gives pressure on the elbows in a very unfavorable position.

clenchi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 04:11:41 AM »
Thanks! I'll try that in my next session. I think i need to check my cues before unracking. Do you take any meds like ibuprofen for a band aid?

Deaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 11:40:45 PM »
I never tried that, I am too afraid of numbing the pain and then stressing the tissue too much, because everything feels fine. However, if the pain would keep you awake at night, some ibuprofen is probably a good idea.