June 25, 2019, 03:22:13 AM

Author Topic: Starting 4 day Advanced Medium Load tomorrow... questions  (Read 384 times)

K.Zarar

• View Profile
Starting 4 day Advanced Medium Load tomorrow... questions
« on: May 06, 2019, 12:50:22 PM »
Hey guys,

70kg male here, been training for a little above 3 years, been power-lifting for the last year now. Was on the conjugate program but feel like I need a change!  :)

Current maxes are:
Bench - 95kg (Haven't maxed out in some time, but will start the program with this)
Squat - 140kg
Deadlift - 205kg (Pulled 200 recently, could've done 5-7.5kgs more)

As you can see, deadlift is kinda high compared to squats as I didn't train squat or bench with much dedication.

Hope to bench more than 100 and squat more than 150 after the first cycle.. Also I'm hoping to deadlift atleast 5 plates after the first cycle on Sheiko  :) ... Hope for a quadruple deadlift in 3-4 years.. Anyways..

Now, what I wanted to know about was if you guys did "leg extensions" or maybe "leg curls" after squat / deadlift sessions... Sometimes you hear people say, "less is more" and I was wondering whether I should follow the program to a tee!

I'd surely be doing bicep curls and hope to do face-pulls everyday... I was also wondering whether lateral and front raises would suffice for shoulders...

Feedback highly appreaciated!

james_west

• View Profile
Re: Starting 4 day Advanced Medium Load tomorrow... questions
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 08:49:30 AM »
Hi mate.

I believe the general advice is to follow the main lifts as prescribed. Then with the accessories pick something for the muscle group that is shown. Generally the advice is to leave a couple of reps in the tank for accessories.

Also if you want to add more exercises then feel free but don’t turn the sessions into an accessory fest, adding in some light or pump back work is often recommended.

If you are new to sheiko then I would wait and see how you feel after a week or two before changing much, other than some light back work if you want to.