November 18, 2019, 11:22:49 AM

Author Topic: Planning own Sheiko Cycles, how to progress ?  (Read 846 times)

StSz

• View Profile
Planning own Sheiko Cycles, how to progress ?
« on: November 06, 2018, 03:17:02 PM »
Hello everyone,

this is my first posting and here is my first question  :)

Since some weeks I'm setting up my own training cycles based on sheiko principles and everything is working out well so far. (thanks to the many threads/stickies on this forum)

My question is, how to i progress from week to week, furthermore from a monthly block to a monthly block of training ?
For example at the moment I' doing roughly 1100 Lifts a month. Do it add e.g. 50 Lifts to this total Number of Lifts in the next month to get the progression through the increased total volume ? Because of my next competition being to far away (>4 months), it is not smart to increase the intensity now, to get the progression from this variable.
One thing I did not completely understood is, how the range of the total NL for a month comes about. For a CMS-class Lifter it is 800-1500 if I remember correctly from the 'Recommended-Volume'-Thread. Is this range based on the average NL +/- 20 (e.g.) % ?

Thank in advance for your replies.

Greetings
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 03:24:27 PM by StSz »

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Planning own Sheiko Cycles, how to progress ?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 06:01:59 PM »
Try to analyse the CMS or the Beginners1/CMS 4 day programs. I think that will answer some of your questions.

/RB
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."