December 19, 2018, 01:23:49 AM

Author Topic: New to sheiko. Couple of questions  (Read 603 times)

Yergat

• View Profile
New to sheiko. Couple of questions
« on: October 09, 2018, 11:48:41 AM »
I have purchased the iOS app and already begun my training. The app recommended the advanced medium load. My questions are in regards to exercises substitutions. I couldn’t really find answers to these questions and hoping I can get clarifications:

For board press is slingshot bench a fair substitue? I do not have access to boards and slingshot makes the most sense since it’s an overloading movement. If I do change to slingshot is it fine to change the intensity 5-10%?

For bench with chains is spoto press fine? My weakness is usually right off the chest/midway. How would I adjust the weight being used if I do go with spoto?

For deadlift with chains I’m not sure what I can do and would appreciate some help with that one.

Thanks.

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New to sheiko. Couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 11:47:31 AM »
I have purchased the iOS app and already begun my training. The app recommended the advanced medium load. My questions are in regards to exercises substitutions. I couldn’t really find answers to these questions and hoping I can get clarifications:

For board press is slingshot bench a fair substitue? I do not have access to boards and slingshot makes the most sense since it’s an overloading movement. If I do change to slingshot is it fine to change the intensity 5-10%?

For bench with chains is spoto press fine? My weakness is usually right off the chest/midway. How would I adjust the weight being used if I do go with spoto?

For deadlift with chains I’m not sure what I can do and would appreciate some help with that one.

Thanks.

w.r.t. slingshot, which way do you want to adjust?

Do you have options to use bands, then that would be preferable.

Kind regards
/RB
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."

Yergat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 05:51:01 AM »

Thanks.

w.r.t. slingshot, which way do you want to adjust?

Do you have options to use bands, then that would be preferable.

Kind regards
/RB

Ok so I actually bought boards and I have 1 and 2 boards arriving next week. However I don’t have chains and I think I will use the slingshot (original red one) to replace the chain bench. Any idea on how to adjust the weight?

I do have bands but the racks in my gym make it impossible to set up properly. For deadlifts it shouldn’t be a problem cause I can set it up over the bar and step on it

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 09:03:25 AM »
Will be hard because sometimes you will do medium amount of reps 4's and 5's in chain bench. I have not seen that in slingshot. I would advise sth. like 2x4x80%-90% (depending on hardness and size of slingshot) of raw max with slingshot. From there on, it is easy to adjust.

Good luck

/RB

Yergat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 09:39:25 AM »
Will be hard because sometimes you will do medium amount of reps 4's and 5's in chain bench. I have not seen that in slingshot. I would advise sth. like 2x4x80%-90% (depending on hardness and size of slingshot) of raw max with slingshot. From there on, it is easy to adjust.

Good luck

/RB

Are there any other variations to replace the chain bench? Would something like a spoto bench,long pause (3-5 sec) be fine?

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 11:34:40 AM »

Good luck

/RB

Are there any other variations to replace the chain bench? Would something like a spoto bench,long pause (3-5 sec) be fine?

Bench with bands.