July 15, 2020, 11:36:19 AM

Author Topic: 3 Day Program  (Read 374043 times)

Martinax

• View Profile
Re: 3 Day Program
« Reply #195 on: May 01, 2015, 06:32:49 AM »
Does anyone have problems with the diagrams under week 31? Mine doesn't work for squat and bench....

picc

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2015, 05:38:13 PM »
For lifters over 80kg is down

TURBON

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 10, 2015, 10:02:26 AM »
Hello everyone,
I’d like to get 3 day program for athlete under 80kg with front squats included, because I’ve got a problem with leaning forward while doing my squats. I didn’t find any of that in my app.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 10:04:31 AM by TURBON »

Liftisgood

« Reply #198 on: June 20, 2015, 07:10:37 PM »
Hello everyone,
I’d like to get 3 day program for athlete under 80kg with front squats included, because I’ve got a problem with leaning forward while doing my squats. I didn’t find any of that in my app.

There are spreadsheets here that you can modify rather than do it in the app which might take longer,

You could add it in on double squat sessions, for the first part, obviously you will need to reduce the percentages to account for front squats being more difficult.

Bench Polkov

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Benchalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 21, 2015, 05:14:36 AM »
Yeah as above, you can sub fronties in as your 2nd squat session. Or you could add it in as an assistance movement after deads (I've seen this on some of the elite cycles I think) but you would need to keep the weight down a bit then.

TURBON

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 01, 2015, 08:34:01 AM »
Yeah as above, you can sub fronties in as your 2nd squat session. Or you could add it in as an assistance movement after deads (I've seen this on some of the elite cycles I think) but you would need to keep the weight down a bit then.

thanks

TURBON

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 01, 2015, 08:45:37 AM »

thanks

Yesterday I tried to do it after my deadlift instead of leg press, it was pretty good. Percentage wasn’t very high of course, but I felt rather good.
I would try it at the day of my double squats, but I’m not so strong how to manage with it.
When I should do it instead of my back squats, when I do my back squats at the level of 80%? How often?
Once a week, twice a month? Just in first month or for longer period?

TURBON

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 01, 2015, 09:00:11 AM »
Hello everyone,
I’m in the last week of II period of intermediate medium load prep cycle (in the app) at the moment. Next week I’ll have my max’s test. I don’t hope a lot, because I had holyday for 6 days last week, and skipped one workout due to the same holyday. This week I feel a bit rusty.
But question is not about it.
My next competition will be just in the end of October (I hope so), so what I should do after my maxes?
1.   Follow competition cycle till the end? or
2.   After my maxes week start new period of preparation?
I think I would try large loads cycle.

uhbhu

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2015, 04:19:14 PM »
Have recently started the 3day and have a few questions. May turn out a bit long winded.

1) I came from a bench programme where I benched 2x/week, working up from 6x2 + 2x3 to 8x3 over 2 weeks. Like:
W1D1: 6x2 + 2x3
W1D2: 4x2 + 4x3
W2D1: 2x2 + 6x3
W2D2: 8x3
I stopped when I had done 8x3 @ 130kg [also did 4x2 @ 135kg + 4x2 @ 130kg once for no good reason] but have not bothered to test my max. Looking over the programme it seems the difficulty to what I was doing would be around a 160kg 1rm, which .. seems to be very high in my eyes. The last few weeks of the programmes did not have the weights moving particularly fast, though they were moving [last rep often grindy], so I set my max to 155kg now. Reckon this is okay? I'm on W2D2 in #32v2 and so far it's very manageable.

2) How do I alter the programme if I'm not competing at the end of the cycle?

3) I also got a recommendation to convert it into a 4day if able (which I am) by redoing Wednesday bench on Saturday (as it's typically quite light) and redoing doing 1-2 work sets of the easier Wednesday deadlift session. Okay to continue like this?

4) Finally, my elbows are not fond of triceps isolations or push ups. Replaced the former with OHP, and the latter I don't really know the purpose of so no idea what to replace it with. Can I skip it entirely?

kevin.cann

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 30, 2015, 12:14:41 AM »
1.  I alter the program in the offseason to include work to help weaknesses. This is when I will bust out the SSB, bands, chains , maybe pull conventional instead of sumo, and have some fun.  You could just cylcle back through with new maxes and mess around with volume.

2.  If it is working why change it?

3.  Many may disagree with me here, but I am not convinced that just because you do tricep extensions it will help bench lockout. My tricep work consists of board presses, floor press, and close grip bench. Mimics the movement. If it hurts do not do it

Numbers were mussed up, but the 155kg training max is fine. Westside guys used to use 90% of 1RM for their training max
Kevin Cann MS PES
Director of Strength and Conditioning
www.totalperformancesports.com

uhbhu

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 31, 2015, 09:36:51 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I'll just stick to what I'm doing for the most part then. Saw that the non-competing question was answered elsewhere on the forum as well (skip W2/W3 in #32). Decided to do deficit deadlifts on every D4 as well, think it addresses my weakpoints better than anything else.

Will see how it goes.

Martinax

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 01, 2015, 11:56:53 AM »
Body weight before   93
*Maxes before 170/117.5/195--------
*Program - over/under 80kg  -----------over
*Did you modify it? yes/no---------------alot  spread out the exercises more so squat bench and deads all three days. Why? more effective of time cuz of family situation.
*Body weight after 93
*Maxes after 175/122.5/ deadlift test on friday... Still got more kilos in the squat and probebly in the bench to.
*Any other thoughts/feedback
just went to test day. starting over again cuz competition is far away. Also so I spread out the exercises just to save time. I rarely trained over one hour often under. didnt do much of assisant work.

goran1862

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 05, 2015, 03:25:28 AM »
Hy!
So my question is what to do after completing one cycle( preparation 1, 2 and competition) because it is exhausting to start all over right away!
Should you do deload?(and how) or some other routine for a while? (and which)

Kyle Grey

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 15, 2015, 04:53:03 PM »
Hi I'm on the Intermediate programme ( medium load ) prep cycle 2 as is my custom I'm looking at my next workout week 3 , day 1 and for squats it calls for a rep sequence of 3 / 7 / 4/ 6 / 2 with my top weight 140 kg this seems a little odd is it drop sets or am I missing something ?

cheeker9 o

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 15, 2015, 09:24:52 PM »
It's a latter, Don't worry :D