October 17, 2018, 10:33:18 PM

Author Topic: Weight and reps going up maxes not.  (Read 210 times)

noobemata

• View Profile
Weight and reps going up maxes not.
« on: August 20, 2018, 08:04:56 AM »
Hello all

I have been doing sheiko for a couple of years now and I need an opinion about my training.

I added between 5-10 kg above my actual max depending on the lift

Even thou with the added weight above my actual maxes I am able to do all the sets and reps required by the program and when I feel good I do more reps in the set with the required weight from the program.

Everything works great and I feel great until the day I have to max.

I cannot max and I fail miserably, the weight feels incredibly heavy and I am able to barely hit my real maxes if I manage to hit them.

Any suggestions?  Should I put in my real maxes even if I can workout with more with relative ease?

Thank you
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 08:08:58 AM by noobemata »

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Weight and reps going up maxes not.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 12:15:35 PM »
Try the program as written.

Sheiko intends for some workouts to be easier than others to give you active recovery. If you interpret that as "being too easy" and increase your work, there's no rest. Then you get to test days and feel like you can't do the lifts.

noobemata

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 04:48:31 PM »
hi,

thank you for the answer.  I will try that and see how it goes even thou the weigh feels light

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 06:40:27 PM »
Ok. Also, keep in mind that it's not always about how hard it feels. The purpose of some easier sets is specifically to polish up your technique with a weight that isn't too hard. So keep all your cues in mind and make sure you're hitting the right landmarks through your lift. Stuff like that. Those reps should all look absolutely perfect.

Lastly, if every set on every day is too easy and there are no hard days you might want to change to a higher volume program.