July 17, 2018, 03:23:41 AM

Author Topic: New to the Program  (Read 496 times)

AmmoBaba

• View Profile
New to the Program
« on: May 08, 2018, 07:18:09 PM »
Hello all I'm new to the world of Sheiko programming and just had a few questions about the Intermediate Medium Load program
1) In regards to intensity, does the program slowly ramp up over the 12 weeks or are there periods sprinkled  throughout where you set a new rep PR with 90-95% of your max?
2) How many days in between workout sessions should I take off if im doing the three day program?
3) Should I add a 4th small load day
4)How long do gym sessions usually take?
5) At the end of the competition prep cycle can I increase the weight from 105% of my max to 107% of my max?

I'm fairly new to the world of strength training and before this I did 8 months of Body Building training, and coming up on 1 year with Candito Training's 6 week intermediate program. I had to switch over because Candito's program was such high intensity in just 5 weeks that If I missed a workout or took time off (I'm a Med student) my capacity would shoot down immediately.

My PRs
Squat: 365 lbs
Bench: 280 lbs
Deadlift 475 lbs

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New to the Program
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 12:15:47 AM »
Hello all I'm new to the world of Sheiko programming and just had a few questions about the Intermediate Medium Load program
1) In regards to intensity, does the program slowly ramp up over the 12 weeks or are there periods sprinkled  throughout where you set a new rep PR with 90-95% of your max?
2) How many days in between workout sessions should I take off if im doing the three day program?
3) Should I add a 4th small load day
4)How long do gym sessions usually take?
5) At the end of the competition prep cycle can I increase the weight from 105% of my max to 107% of my max?

I'm fairly new to the world of strength training and before this I did 8 months of Body Building training, and coming up on 1 year with Candito Training's 6 week intermediate program. I had to switch over because Candito's program was such high intensity in just 5 weeks that If I missed a workout or took time off (I'm a Med student) my capacity would shoot down immediately.

My PRs
Squat: 365 lbs
Bench: 280 lbs
Deadlift 475 lbs

1) if you think of it in terms of linear progression, then no. Read more here:

http://sheiko-program.ru/forum/index.php?board=4.0

2) If you do the 3 day program, you do monday - wednesday - friday or tues-thursday-saturday etc.

3) Try to do program as specified. It should automatically increase you to a 4 day program if you qualify.

4) Is very different. sometimes with the shorter sessions I can manage it at 1 hour and 30 mins exclusive warm-up, stretch etc. Long double squat, double bench sessions + support can be +3 hour sessions.

5) I do not understand your questions. Why would you do that? If you get 105 % at skill test, then after deload you increase your maxes. If you increase with more than 10 kilos you increase gradually every 4th week. Sheiko is all about progressing your technique.

welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of valuable training advice.
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."

AmmoBaba

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 11:06:30 PM »
Thanks man, i wasn't too sure about the deload but I guess I can take a week and try some new PR's, right now im at 83kg which technically puts me in the advanced program but I wanted to test drive Sheiko since I've only been lifting for a little bit less than 2 years I wasnt sure if I was advanced yet.

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 11:41:11 PM »
Thanks man, i wasn't too sure about the deload but I guess I can take a week and try some new PR's, right now im at 83kg which technically puts me in the advanced program but I wanted to test drive Sheiko since I've only been lifting for a little bit less than 2 years I wasnt sure if I was advanced yet.

Advanced is judged by your technique.
The "deload" is meant a week with light training intensity and volume after you finish the program. If you use app this will already be in the program.

Doing sheiko is not just putting more kilo on the bar, but more importantly it is improving technique

AmmoBaba

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 12:31:51 AM »
Is the Deload the the last week of the Competition cycle , where on Day 3 of of the week you test your Bench, Squat, and Deadlift @ 105%, if so could I try that last day with more than 105%? And would you recommend going to the advanced program (small load) when my #'s rise or continuing to train as an intermediate?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 12:50:10 AM by AmmoBaba »

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 10:11:30 PM »
No, the deload would be the week after that :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 10:42:30 PM by RussianBear »

AmmoBaba

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 03:13:37 AM »
 :D Oh Okay, im not seeing the Deload in the app though, the comp cycle for the intermediate just ends on that 4th week with the Bench, Dead lift, and Squat @105% on day 3 , the skill test I assume.

I guess my real question is how to deload properly with Sheiko and if i can start the program immediately again after I hit new PRs? I'm using the android version.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 03:36:59 AM by AmmoBaba »

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2018, 11:49:40 AM »
I do not think it is in there but Sheiko have been writing about so try search function on forum and/or his facebook. It is a goldmine of good advice :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 05:25:24 PM by RussianBear »

AmmoBaba

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 01:04:37 AM »
Will do, and thank you again, you've been very helpful and informative.