August 18, 2018, 04:03:20 AM

Author Topic: CMS-MS Comp - Update maxes from previous blocks?  (Read 456 times)

Charon

• View Profile
CMS-MS Comp - Update maxes from previous blocks?
« on: April 24, 2018, 08:49:05 PM »
Hey all,

For the past three months, I've been running a modified PH3 in preparation for my meet, and tacked on the CMS-MS Comp peak to replace the vanilla peak of the program, as it frankly sucked last time I ran it imo.

Because PH3 features weekly autoregulation to my maxes, I am wondering if I should be using the updated maxes at the end of the Intensity block, or the original maxes that I input at the beginning of the program.

Two additional question too, are deadlifts to knees meant to be paused, and which box height should I be using for block pulls? (sumo puller if that makes a difference)

Thanks!

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CMS-MS Comp - Update maxes from previous blocks?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 11:14:20 PM »
What is PH3?

I would stick to maxes from last skill test and follow what sheiko wrote on this subject (subject of reuse program or new one).

Regarding height I have been using blocks of 7.5 cm lately or you can use pins. Heights can very whether program states where you should pull from (if that is stated) and equipment available to you.

Regarding pauses then only very short pause like how Chreiz does here:
http://www.instagram.com/p/BYidnTij432/?taken-by=chreizr
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."

Charon

• View Profile
Re: CMS-MS Comp - Update maxes from previous blocks?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 11:35:02 PM »
What is PH3?

I would stick to maxes from last skill test and follow what sheiko wrote on this subject (subject of reuse program or new one).

I should have clarified, it is Layne Norton's PH3, a different program. Every week you have AMRAPS at the end of your heavy days which dictate a change in the 1RM input of the next week. I've modified it to have singles at RPE 8 instead of AMRAPS to manage recovery better in preparation for the CMS-MS peaking block that I've switched the original peak for.

I'll take your advice and use my original 1RMs, and I can easily use a 10kg and 20kg plate to make 7.5cm blocks.

Thank you!