May 24, 2018, 11:21:30 AM

Author Topic: 6 weeks to competition - intermediate vs beginner program?  (Read 281 times)

oneseventyfour

• View Profile
6 weeks to competition - intermediate vs beginner program?
« on: April 08, 2018, 04:30:02 PM »
Hey there!

I hope I’m writing this in the appropriate section of the forum!

I got the Sheiko app last week after deciding on switching to Sheiko. I have previously trained 4 times per week but I decided I would rather train three longer workouts per week than three shorter. My previous program was progressive and being honest I think I could have gotten more out of it, especially in my squat. I guess the whole Sheiko-philosophy speaks to me more than 5x5-style progressive overload. I am a member of a powerlifting club that helps me a lot with technique etc.

I weigh 65kg, aprox 174cm.
My current stats are aprox (conservative)
Deadlift 5x5 115kg
Squat 5x5 80kg
Bench 5x5 60kg

I would say only the bench is my actual max, I definitely have more in me with regards to the squat and deadlift.

I have my first comp in six whole weeks (exciting). The app recommended intermediate medium load so I started that but in week six but I started thinking maybe I should do the beginner cycle that the app provides instead. Especially as I am starting in the middle of it (because of the competition being in six weeks.

What would you recommend? Should I start this week coming with the beginner prep cycle week 3 to time it with the competition?

I would be most grateful for your thoughts on this!