December 19, 2018, 09:31:07 AM

Author Topic: Double sessions  (Read 661 times)

Jeremy

• View Profile
Double sessions
« on: December 29, 2017, 08:59:31 PM »
Hi everyone. New to the forum and this training. I got the android app a while back but haven't made the switch from conjugate yet. My question is, let's say on Monday the workout calls for squat/bench/squat plus assistance. Is this meant to be one session or are you supposed to split it up? Say a morning and evening session. I searched the forums a little bit but couldn't find anything before registering. Am I confused over something that doesn't matter? Thanks a bunch everybody!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:28:27 PM by RussianBear »

T2S

• View Profile
Re: Double sessions
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 11:14:43 PM »
hello Jeremy

This is usually done either in one session, or as sheiko had originally intended, you'd do the squat/bench in the morning, then come back for the other squat and assistance. Most people don't have time for 2 workouts per day, so they usually put everything together.

Lift strong
Phil
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:28:59 PM by RussianBear »

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Double sessions
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 12:27:59 PM »
hello Jeremy

This is usually done either in one session, or as sheiko had originally intended, you'd do the squat/bench in the morning, then come back for the other squat and assistance. Most people don't have time for 2 workouts per day, so they usually put everything together.

Lift strong
Phil

Hello Phil and Jeremy

Allow me to clarify. It was never intended to be split up with morning and evening sessions unless you train more than 6 times a week. I don't know where this myth comes from but it is not true.

Doing the squat, then bench and finish of with the squat, is actually an old weightlifting trick. 

Another time, please use a better subject name.
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."