December 15, 2018, 10:41:14 PM

Author Topic: Android App Crashes  (Read 289 times)

AmmoBaba

• View Profile
Android App Crashes
« on: June 23, 2018, 03:00:55 AM »
So I've been using the app for about 7 weeks now and it's been working fine, then suddenly today every time I press the Dumbell icon the app crashes. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. For some reason squats are the first exercise that show up before the app crashes, even though it's deadlift day. Any suggestions?

Now it seems to crash with the same issues when I'm not connected to any Wi-Fi.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 03:14:16 AM by AmmoBaba »

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Android App Crashes
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 08:32:06 PM »
I don't have android but if it worked before and uninstalling and reinstalling does not fix it, perhaps it's a problem with your device or at least the current state. Is your device running out of memory? You want at least 10% of your total capacity to be free. Low memory can cause weird stuff to happen. Have you made any changes to the OS recently, like upgrading or something like that?

AmmoBaba

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 10:21:50 PM »
I still have 2.3 GB free on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7), i don't think any recent Samsung updates have been made to the OS.

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 05:56:48 AM »
That sounds a bit low. I believe the OS will use try to free up RAM by creating temporary files on your main drive. If your main drive is running out of space, things may be purged from RAM and negatively affect running programs, with the OS prioritizing to keep critical systems running.