October 18, 2019, 07:58:35 AM

Author Topic: Setting up a 1 Year Plan  (Read 1685 times)

joeyh

• View Profile
Setting up a 1 Year Plan
« on: March 21, 2017, 05:24:26 AM »
Hi guys,

I am currently doing the U80kg Sheiko Plan. I am feeling fatigued from the volume but overall enjoy the style very much. I am big on long term planning and goals. I currently do not compete but have my goals for the next year developed as far as total.

I am wondering how I should approach planning out my training for a full year, I own the Sheiko app on android, and look forward to transitioning to that after the U80KG plan. I have no problems identifying weaknesses or increasing weights to improve my strength at this time.

I understand the the basic outline is prep 1, prep 2, Compete, but because I am not competing for at least the next year, how should I approach this? Also for the entire year should I be pressing for Large Load only, or should I stagger between large, medium, and small over the course of a year?

Looking forward to the discussion :)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:34:03 AM by joeyh »

joeyh

• View Profile
Re: Setting up a 1 Year Plan
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 01:20:36 AM »
I was thinking something along the lines of 3 months of small load prep + accessory work/hypertrophy, followed by 3 months of Medium or Large load prep + less accessory and more SP.

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 09:05:03 AM »
I would do the program with the most volume that I can tolerate and do the comp cycles anyway, even if not competing. It's nice having those breaks.

bennyboi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 11:55:20 PM »
I would do the program with the most volume that I can tolerate...

It's much easier to find this out with programs where you are pushing a 10RM with the weight of a 10RM. In Sheiko, however, a 10RM (~75%) is usually performed with sets of 3-4 reps.

How would you know what you can tolerate with Sheiko?

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 09:57:31 PM »

It's much easier to find this out with programs where you are pushing a 10RM with the weight of a 10RM. In Sheiko, however, a 10RM (~75%) is usually performed with sets of 3-4 reps.

First of all, 10 RM is not equal to volume tolerance. Second of all, in that case, you would experience technique breakdown - first rep would not look like last rep.

To the real question. http://sheiko-program.ru/forum/index.php?topic=311.0 gives a good insight in some numbers for average lifters. so one would start building from there.
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."

bennyboi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 04:15:50 AM »

First of all, 10 RM is not equal to volume tolerance. Second of all, in that case, you would experience technique breakdown - first rep would not look like last rep.

To the real question. http://sheiko-program.ru/forum/index.php?topic=311.0 gives a good insight in some numbers for average lifters. so one would start building from there.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. What I meant to say was that if one is pushing sets of 10 and increasing volume & intensity weekly, they will eventually not be able to match reps from last week. They will experience a loss in reps, and technical breakdown as well in the reps.

I guess technical breakdown is the only way to gauge fatigue. Thank you!