February 26, 2020, 03:43:26 PM

Author Topic: I have 12-14 weeks empty - help me chose program  (Read 1584 times)

Rodnt

• View Profile
I have 12-14 weeks empty - help me chose program
« on: October 10, 2016, 03:25:51 PM »
Hey,

I have 12-14 weeks available before I enter a heavy work period where I won't be able to follow a program. So I'm thinking I want to squeeze as much out of these 12-14 weeks as possible, and then go into something else just focusing on maintaining strength until I can workout consistently again.

I have experience from the intermediate three day medium load program and while another round would fit 12 weeks, I feel like trying 4- days a week. Problem is - the 4-day (medium load) program has three prep cycles and thereby takes longer than 14 weeks.

What do you recommend? Skipping a prep cycle (which one?) or go 3-day again but squeeze in an extra deadlift day? Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks

thenextblaha

• View Profile
Re: I have 12-14 weeks empty - help me chose program
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 03:47:28 PM »
Well the prep cycles are only weeks 1-15 then the comp cycle is weeks 16-20. The comp cycle is farrr easier and basically a recovery month from the pretty mad prep cycles beforehand. You'll see the workouts are less volume and will take much less time (barely any accessory stuff too).

I would say maybe skip week 1 of the prep cycle and go from there for 14 weeks, then do the competition cycle, as planned, with your busy work schedule (see closer to the time how you feel about going for the testing days in it). Should be dooable I think?

Rodnt

• View Profile
Re: I have 12-14 weeks empty - help me chose program
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 09:24:00 AM »
Ill give it a try. If the last week or two won't fit I still think 12 weeks of the advanced medium load will give me more than another round of intermediate medium.

Another question though: I'm only third class sportsman and quite honestly I'm still searching for the perfect teqnique in all three lifts. Especially the deadlift which is the main reason i want to have two deadlift days rather than one. But - considering my level, should I perhaps exchange chains/board press and the like and just do normal lifts?