October 18, 2019, 07:57:10 AM

Author Topic: iOS request... show suggested training program after max lift update.  (Read 2418 times)

zerocool777

• View Profile
Hi,

You already have a suggested program function built in for when you originally put in your maxes.  It would be great if you could see a suggested program for when you increase and update your maxes.  I don't mean that the app actually changes you onto the new program but simply that you can see which program is suggested to run with your new maxes.   Its a pain in the butt to have to delete the app, redownload it and enter your new maxes each time to see the program suggestion.

Thanks

mgjans

• View Profile
+1.. for this feature

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Actually, you should be in a far better position to decide what program to do next. You start off with the medium load according to your strength classification. If you run it and think it was too little, too much, or just right you can use the large load, small load, or repeat, respectively. When you break into the next higher strength classification you can move from beginner to intermediate to advanced. There currently is no way to know how you felt about the program. Only you have that info. So you're in the best position to make the decision.

Yashamorozov

• View Profile
+1 for this feature.

I would like to see this as a recommendation. Maybe on the info screen where you can see/set maxes. Just below it could be recommended program.

I just finished the beginner prep and comp. I totalled 830lbs with 340 squat, 190 bench, and 300 deadlift. I am going to intermediate small load. But what this other user suggests is that I am going to be best equipped to determine if I can handle the new load. That is true, maybe a week in. Maybe two weeks in. I'd rather not have to get through 3-6 sessions before I can determine if the load is too heavy or too light. Also, for beginner lifters and/or lifters new to Sheiko, the feature would alleviate some guess work.

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
When Sheiko accepts new students he wants to see a month of your previous training logs before he writes your program. That's really the way to do it. I'm trying to sort out how to do this with the app. Maybe you could download the app, track your normal training for a month, and then have the app recommend the most appropriate Sheiko cycle after that.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 12:50:01 PM by Robert Frederick »

Yashamorozov

• View Profile
I did both beginner prep and comp cycle, followed by a mock meet. If the app suggested anything after that, I must have missed it. I am going forward with small load prep I.