September 18, 2019, 12:46:47 AM

Author Topic: Nutrion - an important topic for u ?  (Read 2553 times)

fusuy

• View Profile
Nutrion - an important topic for u ?
« on: April 25, 2015, 06:31:09 PM »
Hi there,

what are your thoughts about nutrition? Do you count calories or are you following a special diet ?

I´ll begin the 3 days sheiko program (<80 kg) in some days and decided to give the renaissance diet (Mike Israetel) a chance.

1g protein / 1 pound bw
1,5 g carbs / 1 pound bw (on workout days)
0,5 g carbs / 1 pound bw (on non-workout days)
and the rest of intake with fat  :D

because i´m not really lean (it´s more less muscle but some fat) i decided to start with 2700 kcal per day (bodyweight 84 kg)

greetings
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 06:34:08 PM by fusuy »

Liftisgood

Re: Nutrion - an important topic for u ?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 09:15:14 PM »
Hi there,

what are your thoughts about nutrition? Do you count calories or are you following a special diet ?

I´ll begin the 3 days sheiko program (<80 kg) in some days and decided to give the renaissance diet (Mike Israetel) a chance.

1g protein / 1 pound bw
1,5 g carbs / 1 pound bw (on workout days)
0,5 g carbs / 1 pound bw (on non-workout days)
and the rest of intake with fat  :D

because i´m not really lean (it´s more less muscle but some fat) i decided to start with 2700 kcal per day (bodyweight 84 kg)

greetings

What pretty much happens for me is I decide to cut some fat when I'm doing offseason training without Sheiko, then I go back on Sheiko and 3-5 weeks in decide I might as well just eat lots of food and gain weight (still well below weightclass for my height).

Mike Israetel's book has a good summary of diet information, it's not a diet in itself.

I think it's a very individual thing where you have to find what works for you.

Personally I hate counting calories, I can estimate that I get enough protein and if I'm hungry I eat, it works well for now. When I want to get to 10% bodyfat it might be a little harder, but depends on your goals.

I think if you're new to Sheiko it's of more advantage to eat as much as you need. The volume at first can be overwhelming if your recovery isn't in check, and food helps to balance that.

Dmoney6987

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 09:04:55 AM »
I’m trying to lose some body. Would it be a bad idea to go low carb while doing Sheiko programs?

Goliath23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 07:02:11 AM »
I’m trying to lose some body. Would it be a bad idea to go low carb while doing Sheiko programs?

I am always low carb due to a stomach/ intestinal issue. I only have random cheat meals. I have zero problems getting through workouts and making gains. I am not trying to gain weight though as I am already in the 275-308 class. I am not in a calorie deficit either.