June 25, 2019, 09:30:05 AM

Author Topic: Not sure about the app recommended program  (Read 865 times)

SHC7777

• View Profile
Not sure about the app recommended program
« on: March 07, 2018, 08:02:32 PM »
Hello all,

I've been training intermittently for the past three years but really disciplined since the beginning of 2017 when I decided I wanted to focus on strength. I started doing my own variations of programs I found online until I decided to try Starting Strength in Sep 2017 with great results until recovery became tough. I decided to try Sheiko after reading great things online but I have doubt that's been pestering me about the program the App suggested. When I inputed my 1RMs (315lb Squat, 415lb DL, 220lb) and weight 202lb (I'm 30 years old and 185cm) the app suggested I do the Advanced Medium Load Prep Cycle I. While I do prefer the 4 days/week schedule I don't think I'm an Advanced lifter. I'm currently in Day 3 of Week 2 but I feel there's a lot of assistance exercises and not too much volume on the main lifts (I haven't done a single proper DL since I started). I'm enjoying the high volume of Sheiko and the app works wonderfully but I want to be sure I'm investing my time as wisely as possible as my goal for 2018 is to lift 3/4/5 plates on bench/sq/dl by the end of the year. Thanks for your help!

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Not sure about the app recommended program
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 08:10:04 AM »
Don't worry too much about the titles used to organize the different training groups. The goal is to find something that works for you and if you're getting along well with the suggested program keep using it.

SHC7777

• View Profile
Re: Not sure about the app recommended program
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 08:18:23 PM »
Thanks Robert, I'm enjoying the program so I'll stick to it!