June 25, 2019, 09:33:13 AM

Author Topic: Advice on Advanced medium or large load after beginner cycle  (Read 1060 times)

ChiAnn

• View Profile
Advice on Advanced medium or large load after beginner cycle
« on: January 27, 2018, 08:12:26 AM »
Hi,
I am almost finishing the 3-day beginner cycle and would like to move out and enter a 4-day cycle with either advanced medium or advanced large load.
Question is the jump from the beginner cycle to an advanced large load is ALOT, so just wondering if people usually go for medium or large load after a beginner cycle.
I'm 5'4 at 54kg btw, 1 year of lifting
Squat max now 90kg, DL 95Kg, bench 75kg

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on Advanced medium or large load after beginner cycle
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 04:19:31 AM »
You'd be the first I've heard of to do that so you'll have to let us know how it goes.

ChiAnn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 08:00:18 AM »
in that case, what would be the usual approach people take after finishing a beginner cycle?

As it was recommended to hop on the 4-day program ASAP, I was thinking of doing just that.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 04:02:47 PM by ChiAnn »

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 08:11:12 PM »
You generally only want to change programs when your current program no longer gives you anything. So if you made progress with your last run through the beginner program, do it again until it stops working. After you totally milk it for all you're going to get, try the small load 4-day program and see how it goes. When that stops working try moving another step up the volume ladder to the medium load.