September 19, 2019, 08:50:39 PM

Author Topic: Too light overall intensity & issues with max attempts - what do you recommend?  (Read 1666 times)

Mischa

• View Profile
Hey guy,

I've just finished the Intermediate medium load program. I'm running the whole program with highly inflated maxes. Because I've been doing Bodybuilding for several years and so the overall intesity feels too light with my real maxes, so I always had more then 3 or 4 in the tank. I increased my maxes for the last cycle as follow: BP 102,5 > 105, DL 145 > 150; SQ 125 > 130.
BW: 83 kg

Now the problem is: I can handle the normal workouts without accumulating much fatigue, but my form breaks when I max out.
I got this numbers some days ago: Bench 102,5 (I have benched it with a stop for the fist time, so I think I did some progress), DL 155 (form was not optimal, maybe I could have managed 160, but did not want to injure myself - I'm still a BB), Squat 125 (I have not tried 130 because I had some issues with my knee).

So what can I do? In the next cycle I plan to go for the 4 days small load advanced program, because I think I really can handle more volume. But what about my maxes? I plan to increase them once again, also I have never reached them on a mock meet. What can I do, to learn handling more intensity, so my form do not break on the next mock meet. I just feel like sheikos programs lack intensity for me, so when I suddenly have to max out on the competition cycle, I am just not able too handle so much intensity...
What would you recommend?

Last one: I have big problems with pulling the weight from the ground. Not sure if I should integrate more deficit deadlift?

Cheer Mischa

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
If the problem is breaking ground, doing deficit will help. Remember good and proper technique.

was 105 (with pause and proper technique), 150 and 130 all out lifts?

If you think small load advanced is the right program, try it out and give us feedback.
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."

Mischa

• View Profile
If the problem is breaking ground, doing deficit will help. Remember good and proper technique.

was 105 (with pause and proper technique), 150 and 130 all out lifts?

If you think small load advanced is the right program, try it out and give us feedback.

Thanks for your advice!

No, I've never done this much weight - I just increased my maxes because the training was really too low. I always had like 4 left in the tank.
The problem is that I can not perform so much weight when I max out, but my training is really easy. I do not feel any fatigue at all. Maybe it is because I am used to high reps with more intensity. But as I said: When I try to max out, my technique breaks and I can not perform the lifts. It's just too heavy when I go for > 95 %. In training I have never failed any rep and I'm always doing everything with proper technique (BP with competition stops in for every rep and so on).

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I think you should follow the program and don't just increase your maxes - follow the program by the book. When you hit your skill test then it will increase naturally.

Feeling fatigue is not necessarily a sign of you becoming better. It is all about practicing your technique and improving upon it. It may be a hard thing to get accustomed to but BB and PL use different training approaches...
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."