September 19, 2019, 08:49:58 PM

Author Topic: Classification - First time doing Sheiko  (Read 1070 times)

stoonking

• View Profile
Classification - First time doing Sheiko
« on: September 20, 2017, 04:52:54 PM »
So I'm doing Sheiko for the first time and it classified me to do Advanced Medium Load. I have a 675kg total at 118kg. I have come from programs with less volume. I did Westside Conjugate in High School, Texas Method for a year, Smolov Intro Cycle, a little bit of Bulgarian and most recently I've been RTS and getting Mike Tuchscherer but I haven't gotten much results in the past 8 months. Do y'all suggest me doing to do the advanced medium load even though it's my first time doing sheiko? Also, I have State Championships on February 11th and Collegiate Nationals on April 21st. I am using February as a qualifier for nationals so the meet isn't very important to me. I was planning on doing Prep 1, Prep 2, Prep 2 again, one week meet taper, Compete in states, Prep 3, and Prep 4 for Nationals. Does that sound ok? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Zacheryah

• View Profile
Re: Classification - First time doing Sheiko
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 12:59:13 PM »
I had also done RTS and smolov before turning to sheiko in 2015 and havent looked back since.

My personal experience after 2.5 years is that you get optimal results from running the schedule in its entirety

Preparation block (prep1)
Accumulation block (prep 2)
Transmutation block (prep 3)
Realisation block (comp)

The final 3 blocks always have to be done consecutively. You can repeat the first block several times before that to fill up time

ex : prep 1, prep 1, prep 2, prep 2 ->prep3->comp

The first block is balanced all round and usually has various ways to work on technique.

The final 3 blocks build on eachother. especially with deadlift :

accumulation builds potential by doing almost exclusively the upper and lower variations of the deadlift, so the percentages are higher and the volule+frequency is high. You are overloading a great amount
Transmutation adds in more competition lifts so the high percentage rackpulls lower,  you are still overloading a great amount
And in realisation, you will supercompensate immensely cause you finally arent overloaded.