February 19, 2018, 10:18:23 PM

Author Topic: 3 to 6 days/week?  (Read 177 times)

Enrique

• View Profile
3 to 6 days/week?
« on: January 23, 2018, 07:05:10 AM »
At the moment I'm doing intermediate large load program from the app, but training days are way too long. It takes me more than 3h to finish each workout. Is it bad to make from 3 days/week to 6 days/week and do something like this?

Monday, wednesday and friday: All the lowerbody work (squats, deadlifts and accesories)
Tuesday, thursday and saturday: All the bench work and accesories

Also, how much am I supposed to rest between sets?

Thanks for the help
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 07:17:58 AM by Enrique »
Bodyweight: 70kg
Squat: 165kg
Bench: 105kg
Deadlift: 170kg

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 3 to 6 days/week?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 07:31:49 AM »
That's doable.

Rest as much as needed between sets so that you can maintain quality reps. You don't have to race through it but you also don't have to try and recover 100% between sets either. 

Zacheryah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 01:04:50 PM »
That's doable.

Rest as much as needed between sets so that you can maintain quality reps. You don't have to race through it but you also don't have to try and recover 100% between sets either.

Would it be a good idea to monitor your heartrate at first to determine how low your BP should be for a quality set, and then instead of "x minutes rest", just monitor your BP and start the next set once its under that amount ?

I'm considering this. When you have a good day, you should require less time between sets. It would keep the intensity the same

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 05:01:13 PM »
No. Don't bring heart rate into the equation. That's a totally different world of training.