February 19, 2018, 10:31:07 PM

Author Topic: Purpose of Each Numbered Routine  (Read 518 times)

depth_before_dishonor

• View Profile
Purpose of Each Numbered Routine
« on: July 20, 2017, 06:50:40 PM »
Hello, I know that there is a purpose or type of block that each 3 day numbered routine generally falls under; for example:

#37 is accumulation
#30 and #31 are intensification
#32 is peak/taper

But I was wondering if anyone knew what type the other various 3 day numbered routines fell under (#29, #39, #40). I am aware that the app exists with updates and better optimizes everything as a cohesive meet prep but I'm curious about the old numbered routines. Thanks!

skaz

• View Profile
Re: Purpose of Each Numbered Routine
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 05:16:41 PM »
The best way to look at it is by comparing intensity patterns, loading, and number of lifts.

By the looks of it, 39 is similar to 29 however with slightly reduced volume and ever so slight differences to number of lifts. The pattern is also flip in terms of average intensity where by you start of low then high then low again and high.

To me it suggest 39 is a lower load of 29, perhaps it is for larger athletes - much like 37 vs 37v2.

When looking at the swing of intensity and number of lifts, it also seems to me that it would be a nice fit just before 37v2.

I am in fact planning to run 39-37v2-31v2-32v2 after finishing my current training cycle. I might write a training log on it.