December 12, 2017, 01:53:25 AM

Author Topic: Android app missing features  (Read 141 times)

Johnson28

• View Profile
Android app missing features
« on: December 03, 2017, 06:52:37 PM »
I have just recently downloaded the Android app...I've entered maxes and it did not choose a program for me, I've tested this with putting in all kinds of maxes and it's always the same program intermediate prep 1..also I've just read there is supposed to be a bench only program app update which happened in May? I do not have that option either...can anyone offer any help or suggestions on what's going on?

Goliath23

• View Profile
Re: Android app missing features
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 07:42:11 AM »
The android app is way behind the IOS app. It hasnt been updated in forever and lacks many features of the IOS app. I run the android APP so dont know what im missing but apparently its alot.

Personally right now I am running the app to track my workouts while im lifting. I then have the spreadsheet where I lay out my training cycle and alter exercises if need be. I then track my actual lifting and numbers on the RTS website training log. 

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 02:27:35 PM »
The Android app developers lost interest in maintaining and upgrading the app. Since I don't have to worry about a discrepancy in app featues between Android and iOS anymore, I'm going to go ahead and update the iOS version. Betas are coming soon.

Johnson28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 05:28:06 PM »
Soo pretty much since the Android developers don't care anymore, if the iOS gets an update the Android app will also get updates? Or are you saying the Android app is screwed now and the iOS will continue to get updates? I apologize for beating a dead horse but not sure what you were trying to say....thank you for any responses

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 06:00:08 PM »
Soo pretty much since the Android developers don't care anymore, if the iOS gets an update the Android app will also get updates?

Unfortunately, it does not seem that way.

Scodina

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 12:16:57 PM »
Soo pretty much since the Android developers don't care anymore, if the iOS gets an update the Android app will also get updates? Or are you saying the Android app is screwed now and the iOS will continue to get updates? I apologize for beating a dead horse but not sure what you were trying to say....thank you for any responses
It's a Shame, If there will not be updates for android app the price is too much!  >:(

padrino

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 03:16:14 PM »
It's a Shame, If there will not be updates for android app the price is too much!  >:(

in comparison to the iphone app or apps in general, sure but on the standpoint of powerlifting programming, you get a lot of programs from one of the best coaches for only 12 dollars. Other people pay a lot more for a simple program template  ;)

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 04:03:07 PM »
in comparison to the iphone app or apps in general, sure but on the standpoint of powerlifting programming, you get a lot of programs from one of the best coaches for only 12 dollars. Other people pay a lot more for a simple program template  ;)

This is true. The developers lost interest because they run a business and it was not economical to continue development. $12 per app download didn't pay their bills. If they were raking in the money you bet they'd be all over keeping it up to date. Sheiko was charging $400/month at the time for his latest programming and the apps made that available for a steal, really. Even multivitamins cost more than the app.

Meanwhile, I can continue to support the iOS version because I love powerlifting and I do this in my free time. I'm going to keep lifting and the app will live on.

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 10:36:31 PM »

This is true. The developers lost interest because they run a business and it was not economical to continue development. $12 per app download didn't pay their bills. If they were raking in the money you bet they'd be all over keeping it up to date. Sheiko was charging $400/month at the time for his latest programming and the apps made that available for a steal, really. Even multivitamins cost more than the app.

Meanwhile, I can continue to support the iOS version because I love powerlifting and I do this in my free time. I'm going to keep lifting and the app will live on.

Really happy to hear that! :)
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."

Lain

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 11:16:33 AM »

thank you!
"Slavs' genes very stronk. Very stronk!"

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 07:11:49 PM »
No sweat guys. ;)