December 12, 2017, 01:55:59 AM

Author Topic: Squat-form critique - Short video 2x130kg lowbar squat.  (Read 144 times)

RL

• View Profile
Squat-form critique - Short video 2x130kg lowbar squat.
« on: November 16, 2017, 10:56:24 PM »
Hi there.

I'm currently on the Intermediate (Small Load) Comp. Cycle, using the App.
I've been using the spreadsheet form-sheiko-examples earlier and have also tried to perform the various movements during my training as if it were in a competition. I'm also trying my best to keep decent form at all times. Although I know I probably have heaps of flaws and errors still.

So, I present to you a poorly filmed squat-shoot from todays workout. Please ignore the annoying music in the background.

Anyway.
2x130kg lowbar-squat. My bodyweight is around 72kg at the moment (if that matters). I do know I go far beyond the point I "need" to go to get a "comp. accepted lift". I will try to make adjustments so I'll be able to go only to the required depth.

Any constructive critizism would be most welcome.

https://youtu.be/_JekO_O5JhI

Elysium

• View Profile
Re: Squat-form critique - Short video 2x130kg lowbar squat.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 11:55:20 PM »
I think you lose tightness on your lower back and you have butt-wink, also what's up with the pause? were you doing paused squats on the bottom?

RL

• View Profile
Re: Squat-form critique - Short video 2x130kg lowbar squat.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 12:53:03 PM »
Hi, and thanks for commenting.

I don't "lose" tightness(that I notice atleast).
I do however go a fair bit "too low" which i mentioned in my original post, which in turn cause "butt wink". I don't think butt wink in itself is dangerous or anything, but it isn't very efficient when it comes to lifting more weight either.

I always do paused squats, bench and deadlifts. I feel that it helps me during my 1RM's atleast confidence-wise. I also feel that it helps my form doing it this way(except for the depth). If this is the "correct" way of doing things or not, I'm not sure but I really improved my strength in the bottom of the lift this way.