August 21, 2017, 04:56:20 PM

Author Topic: Bench Programs on APP  (Read 325 times)

georgeslaraque

• View Profile
Bench Programs on APP
« on: July 02, 2017, 01:52:12 AM »
I noticed that u can buy "bench bundles".  Can I get some information on them? Are they designed by Boris? New? Old? Specifically for certain class? etc.....

Many thanks.

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bench Programs on APP
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 11:27:11 AM »
Are they designed by Boris? For sure! They're all new and anyone can use them. I asked for programs that fit the same pattern of large, medium, and small load used in the app that you should already be familiar with. These are more for competing in a bench only competition instead of just bringing up a lagging bench. In other words, they are totally bench focused.

georgeslaraque

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 11:46:29 PM »
Right on. I just finished getting umbilical hernia surgery so I want to ease into squatting and deadlifting as they are much tougher on the area than benching or so I think.

Are the bench programs the same as the regular app ones, u put in your lift(s) numbers and it picks the right program for u?

Thanks again.

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 05:48:41 AM »
The app won't make a suggestion about which bench program to follow. The best thing to do would be to look at the number of lifts you currently do per month on average in a Sheiko program. Roughly 50% of that is benching. Then take a look at the number of lifts in the bench only programs. You don't want to pick one where you'll do less benching and you don't want to pick one where you'll make a huge jump either.

georgeslaraque

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 03:47:19 AM »
Bought them all. Hopefully I'm ready to start training in a few
weeks and I can give one of the programs a go.

Thanks

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 06:46:43 PM »
Let us know how it turns out for you  8)