September 25, 2021, 03:56:18 AM

Author Topic: Incorporating squat variations into Int Large Load  (Read 248 times)

rakksc2

• View Profile
Incorporating squat variations into Int Large Load
« on: August 27, 2021, 12:57:30 AM »
Hi all,

I am looking at running the Int Large Load programme soon (never used Sheiko before).

Looking at the programme, no squat variations are used at all, whilst deadlift has 2 variations used (pull to knees and pull from blocks).

If I wanted to make use of pin squats and also potentially front squats, could I modify the programme to include these (and would this be OK?). I feel I have some technique issues that these variations would help address.

I was thinking that for some of the double squat workouts, I could replace one block of the squat sets with a variation. For intensity, could I use the percentages for the sets as written of my estimates pin squat / front squat max?

Also for the programmes good mornings, could I replace some of these with different excersises if I felt they would work better for me (e.g. romanian deadlift or lunges).

Thanks for any advice.

Regards
Rakksc2

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Incorporating squat variations into Int Large Load
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 10:41:36 AM »
Yeah, that's all fine. You've got the right idea. I'd only add that if you want to fine-tune your technique, get that out of the way in the first Prep periods. As you get closer to the comp cycle you want to transition off those and into variations that give you a greater average weight lifted (e.g. reverse band squats vs front squats). This will first increase the efficiency of your lift and then prepare you for testing maxes.

rakksc2

• View Profile
Re: Incorporating squat variations into Int Large Load
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 11:26:43 AM »
Great, thanks for the reply Robert. Looking forward to my first workout today!

Regards